Odd rear axle issue

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Odd rear axle issue
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

I know tapper chewed up but fits up ok to the hub
But my worry is the axel is out of center both sides and are towards the rear but center line up and down
I can get the bearing just not sure why
I did lengthen the radiouse rod on this side witch helped a little
Been to long and I don't ever remember seeing an axle doing this

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/386916.html?1378582431

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

Thanks Ed rear end turn free and smooth
After I get the new seals in double check it
Just never seen one do this
Next winter I plan put in new axels I c n move the axel over to center so it just maybe wear
I pulled bearings last nite late put bearings in cleaner and noticed this out the door this morn8ng
I also noticed my left radiouse rod was drawn all the way up so I backed it down to match the right witch also helped some

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration