Engine rebuilder

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Engine rebuilder
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary j. baker on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

Hi[
does anyone know of an engine rebuilder + pan straightener in upstate ny.? thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

No but if you come to ct you can have George King do it or Ed Stein in Mass

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 04:41 am:

J and M in Southborough ma will be the absolute best in tons of people's opinions. They do everything in house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:43 am:

Joe Bell's work is very well thought of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hager on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

Joe Bell is my choice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

Put it in a crate and send it to Joe Bell he has done 4 for me no complaints and he is a decent guy to work with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

If you don't want misery, take it to J and M in Massachusetts.

Top flight machine shop with much experience rebuilding Model t engines

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 08:56 am:

I agree, you won’t find any more knowledgeable engine builders anywhere.

They have the equipment that few engine builders have and a wealth of experience and knowledge of the Model T engine.

They will break it down for you and show and tell you what is wrong and what is needed.

They have done three 1912 engines and transmissions for me and they are perfect. Could not be more pleased.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 10:21 am:

Last time I counted, I have four of Joe Bell's engines in my cars. I'm happy with his work and continue to recommend him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 11:43 am:

J and M does have the proper pan table to straighten pans. And they are close enough to bring it yourself

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

I'm from central NY. My vote is send it off to Ed Stein and son. I Every one of the motors they have redone that I have seen have been the nicest running motors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Fitz-Gerald on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

Where is Joe Bell shop ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 11:50 pm:

Joe is north eastern ohio. In Tiffin. He's an upstanding fellow. You couldn't ask for better help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary M. Wheeler on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 06:59 am:

Send it to John and Michael at J&M. You wont be disappointed. My motor and trans was rebuilt and balanced and it runs great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 08:02 am:

I would recommend Miller's just south of Cincinatti. BJ and Ron done 6 engines for us with no issues. Good folks to see on tour, too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary j. baker on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 09:25 am:

thanks for the info. i will be contacting these people. gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Roof on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 10:06 am:

Joe Bell is truly the best! He is an outstanding teacher, and is very knowledgeable in all aspects of restoration and engine rebuilding. A fine man who helped me tremendously and continues to serve the "T" community with pride. Tiffin Ohio He will treat you right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

Ditto that Randall! He's done two for me already, plus a big help in the "knowledge department".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Morris Dillow on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 08:28 am:

Kevin Prus is one of the Best, he had 5 engines go cross country in 2009 with out any problems, Columbiana Ohio 330-774-7130

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration