Early T rear axle housings, really this valuable

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Early T rear axle housings, really this valuable
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 04:56 am:

I see this on T-bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-1910-1911-Six-Rivet-Axle-Assembly-/23185095 2130?hash=item35fb64c5c2:g:vjMAAOSwPc9Wx0cQ&vxp=mtr ???

I'm guessing not, but who am I to say.

I have a '11-12 version I should sell. I'm never going to use it!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 06:53 am:

At least for that kind of money he could pressure wash it:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 08:25 am:

I think if you needed this it would be hard to find another for less. This type of axle was only used for about 12 months. It was used on perhaps half as many cars as used the 1912 twelve rivet style axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 08:27 am:

The one he is has for sale is late 09 10 early 11. I was lucky and was able to get one for $2500.00. But its what ever a person is willing to pay . I paid $6000.00 for my open valve early 11 motor .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 08:42 am:

Les: Last complete one I saw for sale was at Hershey about 8+ years ago. He was asking $15,000.00. Did he get that, do not know. Saw a set of housings sell at auction about same time for $3500.00 plus. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 09:59 am:

Thank you guys. I guess I will put mine on eBay and see what happens

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:08 am:

A guy would be lucky to find a complete unrestored T open valve engine and chassis for less than 12-16,000 or more.

For the guy who needs this rear axle its a bargain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:28 am:

Just more proof that I'll never be able to afford a brass T. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:41 am:

It's Mark Freimiller. His other prices are reasonable, so I assume this one is too. He's in business to sell things, so he prices them to sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:41 am:

I sold a 09-10 early one, (the one without the flange support), for $3850. about five years ago. The guy was very happy. I had talked to Don Lang before I took it to Hershey and he said there was a sale of a front axle and rear end for an 09 that sold on EBAY for $10.000. That was also about six years ago. It seems that there are more 09's than were originally built. I have been told that there is someone that built and has new bodies for the 09 and one can take a frame and make one. However, it is difficult to make a new axle and rear end!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:44 am:

Hi Mark,

Never say never. I had wanted a brass T for quite a long time and had mostly given up hope of ever acquiring one. The stars did align, eventually, and I was able to purchase one. Keep the faith! Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:47 am:

This talk of open valve block prices does make me think. As I'm sure most of you are aware, I have a set of T block patterns for my 5 main project. That project is now officially DONE!! I started with a '26-7 block AND a copy of the Ford drawings
However the patterns could be adapted to cast open valve blocks!
The water jacket and cylinder and porting core boxes could very likely be used as they are . The left side of the block could also likely be used as it is (okay remove the serial number location and get rid of the made in Canada). The right side would of course need some changes. The front and rear core boxes would need to be modified. Still WAY easier than starting from scratch.
I 'll start a new thread and we will see what happens

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 07:05 pm:

We have always been amazed at what early parts are fetching on the few occasions we have come up with them. I have been tasked with finding a home for a 1910 touring car project from the estate of one of my customers. Lots of original parts, may part out for more than selling whole, but I really would like to see it completed as my late friend Sam wanted before he passed. Life is short and unpredictable, if you want something step up and make it happen while you can. You can always get more money, never more time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

No wonder my four Model T's are all "black era"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Phillips on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 01:08 am:

Check this out
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/vintage-parts/diffs-axles/ auction-1063063201.htm
You do the math

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 09:33 am:

What is the NZ$ worth?
Note broken brake flange
Function of local market; supply/demand as they would cost a lot to ship

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 09:54 am:

Those housings in New Zealand were sold by Simon Bayley. He had collected nearly enough parts to build a 1911. Now he is selling everything off.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration