OT - HCCA tour, Brooksville FL

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - HCCA tour, Brooksville FL
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 09:02 am:

I had the good fortune to visit the HCCA tour for a couple of days, putting on a short session about Ford racers last night. Great weather, and lots of great cars, including many brass Ts.

1908 Buick

Dorris, made in St. Louis, and owned by a Dorris family descendant:

Pierce Arrow:

Case Tourabout

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 09:11 am:

Great pics, thanks! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 09:17 am:

It's rough duty, but someone has to do it. :-) Thanks for the pics!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 09:47 am:

Mark,
My pleasure.

Mike,
If playing with old cars was easy, everybody would do it........

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 08:15 pm:

Wow, incredible cars! Thank you Rob for sharing these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 10:54 pm:

Hey Rob, were you at the tour without a car? How'd that happen? Thanks for the pics. Looks like it would have been a great tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

Thanks, Rob, for the photos and presentation. The Dorris won People's Choice and the Pierce won Presidents Choice. It was a great tour and convention. Next year's will be in Oklahoma City for four days preceding Chickasha. I hope everyone will consider joining us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 10:26 am:

Wayne, my pleasure....
Steve, I just flew in for a day. Next year the HCCA tour precedes Chickasha, so maybe we'll all be there, with cars.....
Chris, many great people and cars, I wish I had a car along....

A few more pics:

Carl and Ann Pates 09 T, #3XXX:

Buick:

Another Buick:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 06:48 pm:

Oh Wow, WOW, WOW, wow! Such great pictures of fantastic cars!
And Carl Pate's '09 T is incredible!!! (I have GOT to buy his book!)
I have GOT to get me back on some good tours again SOON!
Again, thank you Rob for more wonderful photos! (I think?)
Do drive carefully, and enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

Wayne, thank you, glad you enjoyed them.

Next year with the HCCA tour immediately preceding Chickasha maybe some folks will have an opportunity to take in both events. I plan on taking a car, then going directly to Chickasha. Wayne, maybe it will work into your schedule. We can always find a spare seat for you if you are able to make a day or two.
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 12:21 am:

Every year, I seem to hope things will get better before next year. Didn't work last year, this year is not shaping up well at all. On top of a dozen other things, Linda's younger sister died of an unexpected heart attack just last week (her only surviving sibling until then, her older sister died of cancer 25 years ago).
I have been to HCCA and MTFCA tours and conventions years ago as well as one VMCCA national tour about ten years ago. I have always enjoyed the cars and the people at them. Making it to NLNB and OCF is pretty much the top of my bucket list. I was really hoping to get there before Marty B hangs up his microphone. Chickasha is also on my list to go to. Maybe next year. I would even be willing to ride in someone's car, a little, or a lot! Although, I have always preferred to drive my own. It is just more fun that way.
One of the many statements I have made to a lot of people over the years is that "I would rather have the worst car on a tour than have the best car in a garage!"

Again, thank you Rob H!
Drive carefully, and do enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

Rob, thanks for all the great HCCA meet photos you posted.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration