Looking for a mentor in the Houston area

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Looking for a mentor in the Houston area
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Adey on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 03:34 pm:

I am so excited! I just got my first model T! A 1914 runabout. It is an older restoration in pretty good shape- just needs some lovin... I had a model A years ago but always wanted a T... A bit tricky to drive these things - but getting the hang of it.. Almost plowed into the front of the garage on the maiden voyage! Ha!

Is there anyone in the Houston (Woodlands) area that would be willing to show me some of the "finer points"? Engine mechanical etc.. I am pretty handy but nothing beats experience!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

I definitely would suggest you join one of the local model T clubs, such as the space City model T club.
A vast pool of knowledge there.

I a sugarland but my T is in a hangar in Cypress. There are members closer to you in the Woodlands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Texas Gulf Coast on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

Space City Ts meet this coming Wednesday in the Heights in NW Houston. PM me if interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 04:37 pm:

Contact David Menteer. He lives on the west side of Lake Conroe. davidmenteer@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

Peter, When driving a T in a tight space like a garage or when you are just learning pull the brake lever back into neutral but not back far enough that the rear parking brakes are applied. That way you can push down on the left pedal just for low gear or press on the center pedal for reverse and you will not have to worry about going into high gear at all. It will take you only a short time where shifting will become second nature.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 12:09 am:

Peter,

I live in The Woodlands and will be attending the Space City T's meeting on Wednesday. You are welcome to ride with me to the meeting. If interested, give me a call tomorrow at 936-four four three-8 zero zero six.

Bill Severn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 04:57 am:

Bill,

Generous offer ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 10:28 am:

Freighter Jim,

You can just never have too many Model T guys in your area. The more the merrier.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Adey on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 11:24 am:

Thank you all for the support! I have had several folks get in contact - What a great group of folks this Model T world attracts! And Thank You MTFCA for providing such a great forum. All the best!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration