Water blaster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Water blaster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

I got one of those sandblasted that hooks to a pressure washer. Has anybody have one and have any tips on how to use it? It looks simple enough but it doesn't want to suck the sand. I've watched you tube videos and got on another forum but all I really got was that the hose for the sand needs to come in the nozzle from the top. I also got that they are problematic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

You need really DRY sand/media

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 06:24 pm:

never heard of that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

Works great. There was a steep learning curve, though. Keep the sand dry and elevated. Keep the sand inlet on the nozzle on top and keep the nozzle down so water doesn't run back into the sand hose. If it plugs up, you have to stop and clean out the clog. After a couple of tries I got the hang of it and was impressed with how well it worked. I'm going to do a frame next.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson, Salty Bottom, AL on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

DO NOT use it anywhere near a door or any kind of opening to your shop, garage, or home. Those sand particles can find the smallest of openings and you'll be sweeping for a while.
The blaster itself works good. No complaints. Use fine sand that is packaged for blasting. Can be purchased at about any tombstone monument company. Don't be tempted to use bulk masonry sand or you probably won't like the blaster due to clogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

Bill ! With the water there is no dust.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

I'll try it again with the sand elevated. I have black diamond sand and regular sand box sand. It works great when it gets sand but it doesn't want to suck it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

http://www.agrisupply.com/searchcenter.aspx?keyword=sand

I'm not sure were you would get this in Texas

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration