Old Photo - Broadway Looking East, Little Falls, Minn.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Broadway Looking East, Little Falls, Minn.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

Little Falls was Charles Lindbergh's childhood home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

I went through there on Monday. It's a very nice Minnesota town with a farming and logging history. I was able to take a photo in front of a mural on the side of a building.
I also took a photo outside the museum at the Lindbergh house which is located on the banks of the Mississippi River.
Bobo really enjoyed our afternoon out. Later he had a burger at McDonalds while I had a half an ice cream cone (Bobo ate the other half).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 09:18 pm:

Looking east from the same spot today.

First building on the left didn't survive but the second does.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

We were able to go down to the damn near downtown. The damn was put up to tame the Falls.

This is as close to the same spot as the old photo as I'm able to capture.

A lot of the buildings that were in the original buildings are still there. The town is extremely proud of there heritage. The first photo had to have been taken just about the time my Grandpa left the Little Falls area and moved North 150 miles to Grand Rapids Minnesota. The rest of my Grandpa's family stayed in the Little Falls area and many are still there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 09:36 pm:

Thank you Ken. I'm not able to capture photos from my Google Earth app.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

Another beautiful street scene turned to boiled milquetoast.

"Progress" is like a sh!t sandwich and every day/year is another bite.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration