Replacing interior Roadster 23

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Replacing interior Roadster 23
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 02:47 am:

Hi

First job of the weekend is to replace the seat covers, any top tips other than, lots of patience, walk away when required and more patience?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 06:46 am:

I used a kit from Cartouche on my '23 roadster pickup. The seat base fit very nicely over reproduction springs and looked very nice. I think I had it done in one class period, about 2 hours.

The back took a bit longer, since it's not just a snap in installation. The only thing I would suggest on it is be prepared to rearrange the stuffing in a few places, especially around the sides. Mine looked a bit thin when I first installed it, but I had some trimmings from elsewhere I could use to kind of sculpt the seats into the shape I wanted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

Great, been working through it about 75% there as you say the backs are a little trickier 😀

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Snyder on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

I hope your taking pictures ,i'd love to see how it goes. i've got a 21' that needs done soon . I hope it goes together alright ...Mike

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration