In need of interior pictures of a 26 tudor...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: In need of interior pictures of a 26 tudor...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 04:43 am:

This 26 Tudor I'm restoring was gutted and now I'm trying to figure out how it goes back together. I need some information on the top of the door and the A pillar for running the cord. I have a feeling I'm missing something here. Thx in advance for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 09:29 am:

Don, Here's a couple of pics of my '26 Tudor before I started gutting it. Granted, the interior seems to have been replaced in a previous "restoration" long ago. But its components seem relatively consistent with originals I have seen. Good luck!

+++ jpeg +++ 632193 +++

+++

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 09:33 am:

Additional pic.DSC0979

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 11:13 am:

Kevin, does the top of the door opening have the upholstery cord on the inside or the outside of the vertical piece of steel trim ? Thx for your help !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

Don, No, not that I can remember. Maybe Bob Peterson down in Kenyon, MN could help some. Bob has had a number of original cars come into and go out of his shop. He just might know or have one on hand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

Ok, thanks Kevin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

Don't know if these will help but they are of my original '27 Tudor.

Upper

Upper Closeup

Lower

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 08:11 pm:

Thank you Craig, it helps but my big question is how its done over the top of the door and along the front (dash side). Your pictures sure show the difference in the material design compared to the kits nowadays. Plus the cord is leather instead of the cloth. Interesting to say the least. Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 08:29 am:

As Craig straightened me out....the WIND LACE is what I'm questioning on the top and front edge of the doors..Thx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 03:33 pm:

Is this what you are looking for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

YES !! Thanks Dale, your pic's are perfect. Thank you for taking the time !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration