On E-Bay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: On E-Bay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 11:27 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322062551297?rmvSB=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

Nice looking T but not for me. It has one of those pesky hot air pipes on the carburetor! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 04:44 pm:

Why is this '14 not getting any bids?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 04:49 pm:

Folks might be waiting for all the comments on this site as to what is correct and what is not and also to bid at the last minute so they won't get into a early bidding war. A few years ago I would be mighty interested but I have too many project cars now and am trying to down size as probably others are too......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

If you have the time, he most interesting one minute of eBay auctions is the last 60 seconds. Amazing the number of snipers out there. An unknowing, well intentioned bidder doesn't stand a chance...IMHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 05:05 pm:

I didn't see anything glaringly incorrect. The price will go higher.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

If that engine number is original to that engine it's a 17 engine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 05:17 pm:

The block serial number being over 2 million kinda glares at me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 05:20 pm:

The seller states that the engine is not original to the car. That will prevent the car from fetching what a car with correct core components will bring. But you can expect a flurry of activity at the end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

The engine serial number boss is too long for a 1914 six digit number. It is more representative of a 1916 or later 7 digit serial number. I don't think it's a real 1914 block. Nonetheless, it is a nice looking T.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 06:21 pm:

Engine No. and Title No. Don't match

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 07:05 pm:

Experienced ebayers don't bid until the last few seconds of the auction. This is done to avoid driving up the price of the item. I let e-snipe do my bidding for me. It automatically places my bid 6 seconds before the end of the auction. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

I would not purchase it.
It has a waterpump!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 09:12 pm:

I love my water pump. Jerry Davis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 10:32 pm:

That engine number looks suspicious to me: while slanted stamping is common, especially slanting to the left, the slant is usually constant throughout the numbers. The first parts of the number look OK, but the last 3-4 don't!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 06:03 am:

This '14. model t didn't meet the reserve and didn't sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 08:13 am:

Someone said it was relisted at the starting price of $10,700, the final bid from prior auction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 08:56 am:

$11,700 and reserve not met.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Touring-/322071259886?vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

I stopped and looked at it last Saturday, engine is 17, and uphol. and top very poorly done. Seats were foam rubber on plywood, then covered. Spokes were needing replaced among many other things. I took money enough to bring it home but choose not to. Robert M

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 05:44 am:

robert; glad I didn't win the bid.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration