Just Don't Attempt to Fold it Down

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Just Don't Attempt to Fold it Down
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

Ahh, the absolute joy of duct tape. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlBafoaoMPo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 01:37 pm:

They get the Red Green award, great job!

red

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

The ladies must wear a scarf. Otherwise, her long hair would stick to the underside if the top. On second thought, my cap may blow off, but the sticky would catch & contain it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

My son and his wife have come to enjoy good wines. The other day I found and purchased for them a reusable cloth wine carrying bag that says, "Wine is like duct tape. It can fix anything!" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

exactly what they would have done "back in the day" if the duct tape had been available ... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 04:10 pm:

At the current price of good quality duct tape, it might have been cheaper to just buy a top kit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 04:56 pm:

That is classic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

Was it here or elsewhere that I remember a discussion about Nuclear duct tape? Trust me,when I read those words in the same sentence i had visions of coolant lines taped up, fuel rods taped to the lifting cables,and so on!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason...........Whittier, CA on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

Nuclear grade duct tape:

Maybe not as scary as it sounds.

nuclear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

Priceless. And it does not distract from the natural patina of the car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

Mack: From years of working in the Nuclear Industry I can assure you that there is a "Nuclear Grade" of duct tape. It is the best grade of duct tape probably in the world. It is made to certain "nuclear grade" specs. We used it for lots of different things and could not get along without it. It is as lint and string free as can be made, to stop the spread of contamination and foreign objects in places you do not want lint or string. It has a glue that is not as likely to leave residue when removing it. It is stronger than regular duct tape. It will also have a "pedigree" and have "papers" especially if it is going into the containment building, or any "foreign material exclusion area" The "papers" will tell you its entire life history from the time it is released to you, all the way back to its manufacture. This would be for highly sensitive areas like the containment building, fuel pool area, fuel handling bridge, or the control room, ect. Any areas not as sensitive will use the same grade duct tape, but it does not need "papers". And no we did not use it to tape up leaking reactor coolant lines, or secure control rod drives. I wish I could find the photo of me standing above an exposed nuclear reactor core. The only thing between me and the core was 15 feet of pure "Bromine Water" probably the purest and cleanest water in the world. When looking into a exposed reactor core you see the fuel glowing a nice beautiful turquoise blue color. It is a hypnotic sight, kinda like looking into a camp fire. Or maybe a "moth to a flame" type of thing. So I have been as "deep" into a Reactor as a person can be and still come out alive. And duct tape was a vital piece of the puzzle to get me there and back out in one piece. But the main thing that always confused me is how could a person who played with Nuclear Reactors play with Model Ts.... and sometimes can not get the "darn thing" to start ...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith G Golnik on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 12:06 am:

Reminds me of the 100 MPH tape we used in the Army. Or as the proper nomenclature called it: Tape, Pressure sensitive adhesive, 2 ", olive drab.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 11:21 am:

Do not open windows at speeds in excess of 160 MPH

(Message edited by Ken_Todd on April 10, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 11:48 am:

If you are not bald and they didn't put anything on the sticky side of the tape watch where you put your head! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 12:35 am:

Donnie B, Very interesting! (And I mean that) I too KNOW that there is such a thing as nuclear grade duct tape. But I really cannot say how and why I know. (At least not in open forum)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 02:18 am:

Most annoying soundtrack ever!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael J. Wilcox on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 11:09 am:

Is this what they used at Three Mile Island?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration