8 day clocks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 8 day clocks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

I have two 8 day automotive clocks that need work. One is a Waltham stemwinder, like a 3 inch pocket watch, and the other is a Keyless Auto Clock Co., rim wind-rim set clock. Anybody know where I could send them to get repaired or what they might be worth?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

Jerry, Unless you've got a close friend or relative who is a watchmaker, You might be surprised at the repair estimate. I bought an Elgin automotive clock on Ebay, knowing it didn't work. When I took it to my local watchmaker, his estimate was five or six times what I paid for it, but it was junk without repairing it, so I gritted my teeth and reached deep into my pocket. If I live another 40 years (not likely), I'll never see it sell for what I've got in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry LaPatka- East Tennessee on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

Jerry,

The finest watchmaker/repairman I have found is in Pasadena, Texas and is called Time Mart. The owner is Mike. It is at 5821 Spencer Highway, Pasadena, Texas. 77505 281-487-6645 or 281 487-6156. He has repaired several clocks for my cars and I collect clocks. He is very reasonable and I have yet to find one that he can't repair or have/make parts for in his miniature machine shop.
He just rebuilt an 8 day Elgin for me for $100.00
So give him a call. He will make you happy.
Regards.......Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

Larry I be giving him a call
As well
I did a brass dash clock the clock maker had done many restorations of clock he put in a quartz movement for me and made one good orginal for another gent

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration