Welcome to all the Newbies!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Welcome to all the Newbies!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

I have been heartened by all of the recent newbies introducing themselves on the forum, welcome to you all!

I have only had my 1924 cut-off touring car (now a pickup) for three years, and it has been a blast!

Don't hesitate to ask questions on the forum, but also be aware that with cars around for 100 years, most questions have been asked many, many times before.

The best way to search the forum is not to use the forum search feature, but use Google instead. Just be sure to include "mtfca" in the Google search string, like so:

engine oil mtfca

Tons of earlier threads about oil will pop up.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 08:25 pm:

I agree, Welcome to all the new comers and don't let the threads that turn political scare you off. Ask questions and have thick skin. This Forum and it's members are the best and they will help you with your question or in person working on your car when they can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

I am new to model T s but the information you will get from this forum is great. I expect anything you want to know about the model T hobby or maintaining your car will pop up on here sooner than later. So enjoy the forum and the great posts of the many knowledgeable and experienced model T owners. I appreciate the many opinions on this site. Most everyone on here agrees on one thing. They all love model T s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 08:46 am:

I agree with Mark. It is a good feeling to know that there are "Newbies" I am also seeing more "young guns" in the hobby. There never is a lot of teen and "20 somethings" in the hobby because at that age there is very little extra money while trying to raise a family, buy a house, ect. . But by the mid 30s and 40s age there seems to be a little extra cash show up to pursue a hobby like this. Then late 40s 50s age is where the bulk of the "newbies" will come into the hobby at. More cash and more time at that point. Then by the time a person reaches retirement age, that is where the extra time really comes from. (for most of us). But that is the age the "grumpy old fart" syndrome kicks in for some of us. So please try and tolerate some of the opinionated/grumpy answers you may get from time to time when asking questions. ....just my 2 cents worth again and probably over priced, :-) but "Welcome to any Newbies out there" Have fun and be safe .... Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 09:24 am:

Welcome newbies! All of us here were newbies at some point, so don't be afraid to ask questions. Doing a google search first might keep you from being chastised by some of the less tolerant here. :-)

It takes a while, but in time you will learn which of our members you can trust to be accurate, and which others think they know a lot but just like to argue and blow a lot of hot air. One example is the current "Hot Air Pipe" thread. It's that way on most other internet forums as well. There are lots of opinions here, just sort through them and make up your own mind about which posters are genuinely wanting to help you and which just like to hear (see) themselves talk.

But this still is the largest group of knowledgeable Model T'ers on the planet, so you've come to the right place to get Model T information. We're glad to have you with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 09:31 am:

To the newbies. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I have rebuilt 5 Model T's and have been on this forum since its second month of creation in the 1990's and still don't exactly know how the planetary gear transmission functions! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Snyder on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

I am a newb to these cars , and trying to put one together as correctly as possible would be so very hard to do without this forum . the old posts are a great resource , and people like Hap are super helpful . I met Don Kirtley through this site his help has been a real blessing . I hope everyone documents there projects here with pics its so helpful just installing a dash can be challenging if your not familiar ,and a picture is really worth a thousand words sometimes.... newb and a pile of 21 Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher McCulley on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

I'm one of the recent Newb's to this forum and thanks to all for the kind welcomes. I haven't posted much on here yet and wanted to search the forum archives before asking a question. So here goes it...

What's the best way to tame the high speed wobble that's induced at 80 mph? If it helps, my "T" is a "26 Touring. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

Yeah, but how about the oldbies? We should be welcome too! I believe we still have lot's to contribute. The oldbies I like dealing with, are the ones that have been around so long that think they know everything, and I'm one of them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

The Model T just wasn't built for speeds like that. You have to slow down. I wouldn't drive it over 75 mph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 10:00 pm:

Welcome guys. I Began reading this forum many years ago, and for a few years didn't post, just read. This was (and is) a great site to learn from the experienced "oldbies" as you gain experience with your T. Good luck and enjoy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration