Wanted 1925 roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wanted 1925 roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard salazar on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

Wanted 1925 roadster or any roadster running or not prefer good block and straight. At a decent price starter car. Thanks 5623384419 also 1926 1927 or 1932 fords

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Here's a look at Richard's cars on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/salazarich/media_set?set=a.492006674314.267835.69776431 4&type=3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 12:53 pm:

Thanks, Royce. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 01:35 pm:

We can't be too quick to make assumptions. I was a hot rodder who wanted a T and ended up with 3 plus the hot rods :-) The redeeming quality to his post is he prefers one with a good block, that would assume a restoration. At least to me. Heaven forbid he wants an e-timer ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard salazar on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 09:55 am:

I want to build an original car, original parts and running gear; to drive reliably. I want to drive the car, have some fun and maybe drive long tours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 10:08 am:

Good luck with your search Richard and thanks for clarifying your intentions :-) There are some on this forum who are way too quick to jump to conclusions. You'll find out who they are in time ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 10:21 am:

I'm in Washington State - send me an email - I can fix you up !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard salazar on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

I like the holiday motor excursion and moreover drive to deuce day in Victoria Canada. Route 66 drive and local stuff here in SoCal is fun. It would be cool to Drive to church, to the beacH, go to meetings, Santa Barbara, Trog, Carlsbad, bob's big boy, donut derelicts hb, cars and coffee and el mirage dry lake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Walker on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

Richard,

Like you, I want a nice reliable, ordinary T with some safety mods; for touring and local drives. But somehow I keep winding up with hot rods, even when they still have their original motors.

I got my insurance sorted today for the speedster;

I bought a nice roadster body for this crank-start car, but it's so nice as a speedster I'm having second thoughts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Walker on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 03:25 pm:

BTW, the speedster was built 1951 or before, and possibly as early as the 1930s. It was a fairground racer based in the Santa Rosa, CA area; built by a dairy farmer/parts vendor.

Due to its "pedigree", I've had a hard time making it an actual roadster. So far as early homebuilt speedster's go, this thing's the real deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 03:38 pm:

David, there are thousands of roadsters out there, but VERY FEW vintage speedsters with actual race history.

I'd leave that one alone and build another car... but if you need to sell it in order to buy another car, I would be interested. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

I have resurrected six model T speedsters over the years, most of them using remains of at least one original era speedster. None of them ever had a known history beyond a few years before I got it. I asked on many occasions, just hoping. But was always told something like "That is just how it was when I got it".
If you know about where it was built way back when? You are ahead of me. Cars of that sort were built all the way from the brass era way up through the '40s and beyond, for racing. Should keep it as it was and/or is.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard salazar on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

Omg, David you have a very cool piece. its a little windy but doable for one to drive. its kinda dangerous witch is right up my alley. I like knock off wire wheels. Your speedster looks simple and clean. The motor is definitely a gow job. the car has history and an original race car witch adds lots of mojo. i would like to drive it. thumbs up. and God speed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 10:59 pm:

This is the Forum, not the classifieds!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 08:29 am:

How many speeds is the transmission? Ruckstell and Warford?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Walker on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 09:10 am:

Jon,

stock -- 2 speeds
Warford cast-iron (truck) auxiliary -- 3 speeds
early Ruckstell -- 2 speeds

So about 12 different forward speeds, six reverse. I need to tighten the low band but, otherwise, runs/drives great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 09:46 am:

I built a 1925 roaster from the ground up. I don't think anyone could tell Ford didn't put it together. All the nuts and bolts are original Ford too. It can be done. Drove it 150 miles yesterday.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration