What are these parts?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What are these parts?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Ross on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

Hello,
I'm a new member who recently bought a 26 touring. The car seems to have been rapidly assembled after the death of its owner for sale. I'm discovering lots of missing bolts, reversed wiring, etc. I've recently discovered that the Rocky Mountain brakes were installed but the original emergency brake was not reinstalled. Therefore the car will roll backwards. Here's my first request for help! The car came with many "extra parts". Ive been able to is identify most but not those who's picture I've attached. They have cables wound in them. I can't find reference to them in the ford repair manual. Does anyone know what they are? Are they for brakes? Thanks for all of the information found in the archives. It's been very valuable for someone like me who has no clue! Thanks to all! http://s359.photobucket.com/user/Principal6553/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&p age=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

No brakes.
They are called "snubbers"

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/561436.html?1439256014

Do a Google search by putting the following words in your search engine box:

Model T Ford snubbers MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Ross on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 02:50 pm:

Very interesting. thank you. Now I know they are not an essential item to get me on the road so I will deal with those another day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Rick, they are not essential to get your car going as they were accessories, but they are "Very" desirable accessories for the 26-27 Improved Models. and a lot of us Improved Model owners would like to have a set .... :-) have fun and be safe .... Donnie Brown .....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration