Stumped...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Stumped...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 06:39 pm:

What is the correct radiator shroud for a low cowl steel firewall 23 Runabout?

I've looked in the encyclopedia and searched the forum but can't find a clear answer.

A pic would be nice, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 06:44 pm:

Tim, there never was one! A shroud was tried briefly when the low radiator was introduced but soon deleted.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

Do you mean radiator shell?

Note: all 1923 "model" Model T Fords are low radiator, low hood, low cowl.

If it has a high radiator, high hood and high cowl, it is not a 1923 model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

I am referring to the radiator shell. Does the correct one have the small thin valance on the bottom like this one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

Yes. I'm on the road and don't have all my pictures with me, but this 1922 in the Model T Museum shows it on a car. 1923 is the last year of the low hood, so your opening for the radiator should measure just under 17" high.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 08:15 pm:

Tim the low shell/radiators used only the thin trim (valance) as you show in the photo above. The high radiators (1924 and 25 models) used the wide, lower radiator shroud, that replaces the thin strip and it also has a hole in it for the crank handle to pass thru. Then in 26-27 the lower shroud was made even wider.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 08:18 pm:

Short answer to 4th post, Yes.

The small thin lower piece is the hard part to get, but they are around, and I think new ones are available. They are supposed to be riveted onto the upper shell, and many broke off over the years. A lot of the upper pieces broke off on the bottom also, but that is not too difficult to repair. Good ones are also fairly easy to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

Criminy I type slow! Two responses slipped in ahead of me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

I guess we should mention that you don't always find the two pieces together.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration