Opinions Needed On Snyder's Indoor Car Covers?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Opinions Needed On Snyder's Indoor Car Covers?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 06:43 pm:

Any opinions welcomed positive or negative. Just need to keep the dust off indoors and need something good yet not too heavy. Thanks.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

Michael - I ordered the indoor car cover from Lang's for my touring the I am very pleased with it. The fit was perfect (with the top up) and the weight is enough to keep the dust off plus protection from the accidental brush up.

Not sure if it's from the same supplier but you may be able to check. If I recall correctly, it was drop shipped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 07:16 am:

Michael- Speaking from my experience as a past owner of a auto body shop, and teaching auto body for 28 years. I would never cover a car with anything. The cover can do more damage than any dust will ever do. You don't want anything that touches the paint for any length of time. I've seen moisture problems, even though the product states that won't happen, rodent damage underneath the cover. As far as the dust on your car, as long as it is not from a toxic product, it's very easy to hose the dust off when you begin driving it. The only time I use any type of cover is if I have a car stored in my work garage, and I am doing any paint, or sanding work on another car. I make sure the stored car is clean and I put a very thin plastic car cover over the stored car, available at auto body suppliers. Then take it off after the sanding or paint work is complete.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 07:54 am:

With all due respect to Dab's opinion, I have been covering my restored vehicles for years with no adverse affects at all, and it sure is nice to remove the cover and find the vehicle mostly dust free. I use the California Cover for indoor use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 09:32 am:

I've been using the Dustop covers from California Car Cover. Very happy with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 09:35 am:

My T came to me with a light cotton cover, so that is what I am using. My 1971 Plymouth GTX has a California Car Cover company Dustop cover like Royce recommended. I also highly recommend it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 09:49 am:

Frankly, I have to agree with Dan Killecut. While I cover the model A in the winter which is high up on the lift so I can put the T-bird under it, I only do it 'cause it does get quite dusty up there and I can't get at it for an occasional dust-off with a microfiber cloth. The others generally are "naked", once in a while I may throw an old bedsheet over them, but usually they're open. I don't like things touching the paint, other than water and a micro cloth or Wizards Mist 'n Shine and the cloth. Never covered any of my boats in the winter either, they always looked brand new even after 15 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 11:19 am:

One careless time walking by your car with a screwdriver and it'll pay for itself.

I'm as careful as the next guy and probably more, but still human.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 02:54 pm:

Thanks for all the replies!

Dan, I have used soft cotton dust covers on 6 cars over the years, including two MB SL550's with no problems. One is nine years old and looks like the day it rolled out of the dealership. I have always been careful rolling the outer surface inwards and they never touch the ground. We do have humidity here but most of the year the barns are 80-110F so they have caused no problems in my case. I am more concerned in another barn that is not so air tight where I have Model T's and Model A's that have acquired literally 100's of mud dauber nests in the radiators and engine compartments on and around all the wiring. It is going to take many hours breaking the brittle dirt nests off everything without doing any damage and then carefully hand cleaning all the wires by hand and I have to try something out to alleviate this problem. I also need to cover these cars so I can set off insecticide bombs occasionally to slow down the problem. I was just wondering how the Snyder's covers worked since I am not familiar with them. The company where I buy the other covers do not fit the Model A or T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 06:12 pm:

Michael - Here's a picture of the cover I bought from Lang's on my '23 Touring. As you can see, the fit is very good. The nice thing about it is it's form fitting in all the right places, yet allowed to drape.

Like I said, it was drop shipped from one of the big car cover manufacturers, but I just can't remember which one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

Dan,

It looks like your Touring is HAPPY to be under cover :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

I have an indoor cover from Langs and it fits great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 08:50 am:

I have a cover from Lang's for my touring car and a California cover for my MGTF,I am very pleased with both. My garage is not heated and therefore,here in New England,the garage sweats several times each winter. My every day cars are not covered and become very wet during these days.I can not figure out why, but the cars under cover remain dry.This is more important to me than keeping them dust free.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration