Yesterday's auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Yesterday's auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

I saw the ads for this auction in New Jersey. Looked like mostly Model A and some T stuff. I've been to a few that were wet, but not quite like this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

Steve,

It was very unusual for us to get about 3 inches of snow here in April.

I am actually in the second picture standing in the snow waiting for the auctioneer to make his way over to some parts I wanted. There were some very good deals to be had if you didn't mind the rain, snow, and mud!

Probably 80-90% of the parts were Model A with some T stuff mixed in here and there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 03:03 am:

Doesn't look like there was much of a crowd! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 09:58 am:

Ed..well we got ya beat! Most of Northern Ohio got between 6-12", we had the 6", that was enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 09:58 am:

Looks like a tough day for the seller and the auctioneers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 10:16 am:

The light crowds must be a local thing. Around here, rain or snow seems to bring the bidders out in droves. I guess they all show up, thinking that there will be good deals due to the bad weather. I've never seen light auction turnout on a crappy day. Swap meets are just the opposite; you can't find a buyer if there's more than half a dozen raindrops in the county.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 10:16 am:

All the parts are painted white!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 10:22 am:

Stan:

I believe your assessment is correct.

A friend of mine attended the auction. He was looking for things to resell. He loaded the back of his pickup and a good portion of his enclosed trailer and the cost was pennies less than $175, which included the buyer's premium and NJ sales tax.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

There was another auction on Friday and Saturday in Bloomsburg, PA. It was a lifetime collection of T, A, and V8 parts. Also other 50s GM and Mopar stuff.

Several buyers of T parts that knew their stuff, so nothing was given away. I was there on Friday but didn't manage Saturday due to the same weather.

I walked away with a transmission with super nice drums for $45. Interested in a large drum Ruckstell, but it went for $975 which is a bit more than I wanted to spend on a spare. There was also an Allen electric HCCT there but it must have sold on Saturday.

Still a fun day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

We have a few model A meets in north Ga but nothing to that extent. There is one in Atlanta but last year was a bust. Most of the parts fenders, hoods, ect. were just junk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

All in all I felt the auction went well other than the weather.

The pictures Steve posted were a little deceiving. Those were taken later in the day. The crowd was significantly larger earlier in the day.

Like any auction some things went very cheap and others went for a lot more than what they are worth. In the end it all evens out.

When there is such a large volume of parts like at this auction, things will probably sell for less. One example is the Model A engines. There were over 50 of them. That's a lot to go around!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 07:32 pm:

The first time I opened this thread? One of my first thoughts are "Finally! Someone posts pictures of a swap meet or auction not showing any parts I need!" (They were covered in snow)
I look in to read comments added by others?
Dan B added a picture, and RATS! I see something I need.
Thanks all. Even Dan B.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration