Update on my Grandson

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Update on my Grandson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 11:28 am:

As most know, I had to make an emergency trip to Wisconsin on March 31st. My 4 year old grandson was only given about 30 days due to cancer that was taking over his little body. The doctors tried since October 2015 to control it and nothing was working.I fully expected that this trip would be the last time I would ever see my beautiful grandson alive. I had even pack my suit and tie to be ready for the forthcoming funeral. It was foremost the most gut wrenching trip I had ever taken. The whole trip there I fought back tears. We all knew that James only had a 2% chance of making it thur the surgery so together we all waited in the room for any update. Once every hour or so a nurse would come out and tell us that so far the operation was going as planned but she would not give us any clues as to how he was doing. 16 hours later the nurse came out and told us James was in recovery but he was in very critical condition and the next few hours were the most important. So I stayed with him in his room in the ICU.The little boy had more tubes and wires coming out of him than I could count. His chest was filling with fluid and at one point the Doc's thought they heard something not right with his heart but that turned out to be the fluid backing into his chest. Everyday he seemed to improve a little, His fluid was draining at an amazing rate. It wasn't but a few days and he was back to where he was supposed to be so the doc's removed the catheter from his groin area. Then two days later the chest tube came out. He now has only a feeding tube and a couple of IV's. They have also allowed him to be awake, He is no longer heavily sedated.

So in just 12 days after the operation James has made an amazing recovery! He still has a long road in front of him but I feel we are on the right path for the first time in 6 months.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 11:32 am:

Thank you for continuing the updates

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 11:33 am:

I have no words.....

God bless him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 05:02 pm:

With God, all things are possible. Praise God for his continued recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

Gosh Will, this has had to have been tough for you and your family. I hope and wish the best for James. Our prayers will be with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

Wish you and your family the very best

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 06:05 pm:

Wish you and your family the very best

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 06:21 pm:

Just so, so wonderful! Simply fantastic. We continue to pray for his continued recovery.
Thank you will, for keeping us in the loop.
Drive carefully, and enjoy these great days!
Wayne and Linda Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

All your family and particularly your grandson have been down a tough road and have several more miles to go. My heart goes out to you all .

Ted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

Makes me realize how lucky I've been with my 3 kids and 7 grandkids. I'm so sorry to se this happening and hope he continues to improve. Keep your chin up. I'm thinking of both of you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

Will,

Iím so thankful your grandson is recovering. We will continue to be lifting him, the doctors, and the extended family up in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

God Bless,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 09:13 pm:

Will ! so glad to hear the good news. I think of your grandson every day .I`ll keep praying. Ken

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration