Frontenac head details

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Frontenac head details
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 03:40 pm:

I have a Frontenac head that is either a model R, S or T and I understand that the distinguishing differences between them is the compression ratio. And this is determined by the depth of the combustion chamber. Does anyone have the details of these measurements?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

ӱ
ߴ μ
̸

̸ ӱ
̸ ӱ ̸
ӱ
ݱ Ѳ μ

ӱ
ݱ μ

ײ

̸

μ

ܻ ߼

ӿ

ӱ

󿮱 ڮ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 03:47 pm:

Whoops...that's kinda strange

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

http://www.nwvs.org/Technical/MTFCA/Articles/3202FrontyHeadID.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 03:57 pm:

Measurements I don't have but the head should have a serial number on the top edge, about midpoint on the drivers side if I recall correctly. This should be a letter 4 or 5 digits and another letter where the letter is a T, S or R indicating the head model. Like T1234T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 04:01 pm:

Ed,
Thanks, but how do we tell when the head is not installed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 04:17 pm:

Walt,
Yes, I find that designation on the head. Many thanks. It is a T
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 05:32 pm:

Unless you are trying to win hill-climbs? The"T" (touring) head is just fine. I know a few people that can afford to buy anything they want and are very happy running "T" heads on their cars. They look and sound wonderful and only in the top power and speed ranges run a bit slower. If you can get to 85 mph plus? How much faster do you really need to drive a nearly hundred year old car?

John McG, Is this the one you are taking to Bakersfield?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

I agree with Wayne regarding the "T" version of the head. If you are building up an engine for either a full bodied car or a speedster the "T" will bring you as much or more than you would need for the street. S and R are great but not really necessary unless you are into competition or bragging rights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

Wayne,
Yes, this is the head that I am bringing to Bakersfield. I should have investigated first, but I certainly learned something.

Thanks everyone for the meaningful responses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 08:49 pm:

John McG, Good luck with selling it, I think someone will get a good head for the money.
I had a C Rajo years ago that I never got onto a car. Sold it because I needed the money for another car I was restoring. I pushed aside the desire to have such heads on a few cars many years ago and do just fine with fairly stock engines in most of my speedsters. But those heads are wonderful and fun and add a lot to most speedsters.

Speedsters are FUN!
Do drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration