Added another website page

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Added another website page
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 11, 2016 - 05:07 pm:

This morning somebody posted a video on Facebook showing a guy starting a 1916 touring in the scariest possible way, first pushing down on the crank and then grabbing it with both hands and spinning it. If you've been following this forum for awhile you know what some of the comments were. I decided to make mine a website page so that when the subject comes up I can just post a link and don't have to play author every time.

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG101.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 12:28 am:

Very good, Steve. That should save a few broken wrists / arms.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 12:29 am:

Yes, I saw it too, scary for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 07:31 am:

Yep. The duct-tape top Roadster guy was doing the same. I cringed when I saw that part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

Ken: I just went back and re-viewed the duct-tape top video. He did not do this. He did two quick pull up only pulls and it started. He did use his right hand, but other than that his method was correct.

Steve: That is a good addition to your very informative web site. Thanks for adding it. The linked video showing the kickback really shows how that could easily break an arm if it were in the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 02:17 pm:

I disagree that using the left hand is any different than the right hand. As long as you are pulling up and have the spark set properly you are good. Typically you should not need to pull the crank handle with the key on very often

With the key off, three pulls up with the choke, one pull no choke. Turn the key to BAT and it starts itself. Switch to MAG, adjust the spark and lean the mixture. Drive!!!

Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTHrhbJT9yk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

Nice drive Royce. I have used the method you use in the video but have never done the additional pull without the choke. The first startup with my newly redone engine will be done that way!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration