Old Photo - Gassing Up At The General Store

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Gassing Up At The General Store
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 10:24 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:26 am:

The gas pump has the very rare rectangular metal Pierce Pennant globe. Those were issued during 1920 to 1925. It was probably painted sheet metal and notice that it has rusted. That is why none have survived except new ones stored in warehouses that were never used. The Pierce Petroleum Corporation was based in St. Louis and was sold to Sinclair in the early 1930s. Here is a photo of a globe that had obviously been in storage and never used.

RectGlobe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:27 am:

I must be showing my age. I can remember my dad buying gas from stations with "visible" gas pumps. Of course I can also remember when we got electricity at the farm.

I like the old oil pumps on the barrels in the background. I have one of those pumps laying in my shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

Good eye Rick. I was trying to make out the emblem on the car door with no luck.
Now I see the Pennant sign behind the post. It is much clearer than the one atop the pump.

These photos are way more fun than cleaning up the yard.

That isn't a flying saucer above the Tudor waiting for gas is it?

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 01:38 pm:

the pumps are made buy the fry pump co. that one is a mod 117 10 gl. i have a 5 & a 10 gal in my stash. they are also called may west pumps. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

Obviously the car doesn't respond to"Whoa" very well....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

That may be one of those accessory "Double Scoop" front fenders.<;0)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

Great car and gas pump. These old pictures really make you think about the way things were back then compared to know..

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration