Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street Looking North, Culbertson, Montana

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street Looking North, Culbertson, Montana
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 10:40 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

Quite a few of the buildings survive.

Nice wide streets but the bench at the left is gone.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

I wonder if the original windows are still behind the white boarding?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 07:14 pm:

Google must intentionally take their street pictures during low traffic off hours. All the modern photos make these towns look so deserted... :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

I happened to see them when they ran thru the street past my daughters house in La Mesa CA and it was during low traffic hours during the early afternoon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

It is because unlike a lot of places, everybody is working instead of driving down the street. There probably never is a lot of traffic but it is still a pretty busy town. Lots of oil activity there and huge farms and ranches. One of the biggest threshing bees in the country there every fall.

It is in eastern Montana along the Missouri River probably 75 miles west of the North Dakota border and the Bakken oil fields.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

I could just about sense trotting into town in the first picture atop a fine steed... shaking off the dust from the dusty trail ride in.

Fantastic picture. Thank you for sharing it.

jk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Memories.... Back in 1965, my Bro-In-Law was assigned to his first church in 'neighboring' Medicine Lake, while also serving a Culbertson congregation, (125 miles away).... M/L was a dry town - even the newly built bowling lanes only had a 'dairy bar'. Since they knew he was a Minister, the grocery stores wouldn't even sell him a six-pack of beer! Maybe like the pictures, "Things have changed?" Having a week's worth of visiting time, I got acquainted with a young M/L mechanic. He arranged a 'double date' (if I would drive') with a gal from Culbertson. You just hafta' trust....:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration