Old paint colors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old paint colors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

I am looking for a modern substitute for a Ford maroon and a Ford Cream paint color. We are repainting an old Brennan (1904) that resides in a museum. There are no published colors for the Brennan. We have seen early Ford colors (example 1907 Ford SR) that was in the maroon and cream and would like to get something similar. The body and wheels of the Brennan are wood. Anybody have suggestions of a modern paint we could use as a substitute for these colors? Any source to check?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Douglas

Since you want to use a type of paint of your choosing, then seek out paint sample chip charts of maroon and crème at your auto paint store.

Pick a dark shade of maroon.

If you want to match an early Ford, then you could place a forum question on the Early Ford Registry. A member there likely has painted his early Ford that kind of maroon.

http://www.earlyfordregistry.com/

For my 1921 aftermarket bodied Ford, I was seeking a "Rich Maroon", the name in the sales leaflet on the body. Lucky had some original paint showing, and polished the spot of paint and matched it at the auto paint store in an acrylic enamel. Results were fine.

Early maroon colors would be very dark.

1929 Ford maroon.

1920's paint chips generic colors

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration