Camper progress

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Camper progress
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 02:19 pm:

Fitting the pop up today.
pp
p1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

Hi Dean,

Out of curiosity, have you calculated the weight of this camper addition and
figured what will be needed in terms of building an engine to effectively move
the thing down the road ?

I am up against a similar process in trying to make my TT go at "car" speeds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

Cool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 02:47 pm:

Burger, Pulling my trailer my fully loaded weight is 3,500--3,840 pounds. Haven't had a problem in over 100,000 miles.
My concern is the rear axles strength.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

Is your engine bone stock, 20hp ? What carb ? Other mods ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 04:07 pm:

What talent, that looks fantastic. Did you make drawings or our you just fitting as you build?

One suggestion I would have is that you may want to take a rain coat with you when you use that to go camping :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Neat! Dean, you are incredible!
I can hardly wait to see good pictures of it when it is finished.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

Dean
Does it "crank up", or?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

Burger, My engine is 40 over, aluminum pistons, aluminum intake, vintage head,Heabi,giant powern,RBF Ricardo, Non vintage aluminum heads I have used --crap lizard , & Pruis
280 Stipe cam, NH CARB,
about 30,000 miles with coils & new day timer.
10,000 miles Anderson timer.
60,000 miles with E-timer.

Dennis, No drawings fitting as I build. Some days it is rebuild. One day went to making it 5 inches narrower.

Les, The top is about 35 pounds?? lift up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:50 pm:

Dean,
I don't have it in front of me, but you might put up a copy of the original aftermarket maker you are basing your plans on. I put the couple of ads I had under the name in my computer files and I don't remember the name.

Looks like it's coming along nicely. BTW, drove the K today with a hotter plug for #6. I'llstart a thread on it later,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 12:44 am:

zag

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 01:32 am:

Very nice Dean! Keep us posted as you make progress

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 03:39 am:

Dean, the answer to your concern re the strength of the axles lies in a pair of safety hubs. I rescued a couple of fellows doing an England to New Zealand trip in a much overloaded van. They' lost a wheel somewhere in Africa, and the subsequent flop, bent their axles.

We fitted a pair of safety hubs which take all the load off the axles and transfer it to the axle housings, just like an A model.

Your thoughts may differ.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 07:10 am:

Dean, Your camper will be miles less in weight than my Lamsteed and its less than a ton.

The Lamsteed not only has more actual body and storage but is also capable of seating 8 adults which it has done on occasions, once being in Richmond in 2008 when Bruce McCalley (RIP) and some press reporters hitched a ride to the air show.

I would think it is going to easily weigh less than a Fordor.

Are you going to call it a Zagelyoder?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 05:49 am:

What is a Zagelyoder. Must be a OZ term. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 06:13 am:

Richard, it's a joke, the original design was called Zagelmeyer - this repro version by Dean Yoder would then be a ZagelYoder :-)

Here's an old thread with pictures of the Zagelmeyer: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/442764.html?1399171214

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration