Look what I found? (26 Tudor)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Look what I found? (26 Tudor)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

When I took off the fabric on the drivers side front on my 26 Tudor, there were 4 layers of upholstery that had been put on both front seats. I thought some of you guys might enjoy the photos. The radiators are off my 26 Tudor and my 24 Roadster. They are both going to the radiator shop today

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 05:32 pm:

The original owners were a dirty bunch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 05:36 pm:

Alan,
How insensitive. How do you know Rand isn't the original owner? :-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 05:51 pm:

A buddy of mine bought a '49 Chevrolet Coupe back in the early 80's. It was fun to remove three sets of seat covers to find perfect original upholstery underneath.
We beat the seats like a rug for quite a while until the puffs of dust didn't puff so much any more. Thank goodness it was windy that day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 05:53 pm:

Don't know if it matters or not, however both radiators appear to be after-market replacements. Many after-market replacements are well made and good radiators. The only time it might matter would be if you wanted to restore a car to top prize winning standards and really needed a precisely correct appearance inside and out.
Some after-market radiators were not well made and never were any good. I cannot tell without looking them over really closely whether they are really good or not. But they do appear to be decent/good radiators. The thickness of the core is one of the most important things to look at.

The upholstery is interesting, and a bit unusual to be that extreme. Some years ago I met a fellow and saw the car that had had a few layers of covers over most of the upholstery. After he had removed all the layers, he found nearly perfectly preserved original upholstery underneath. It was beautiful! Even if yours is not nearly perfect, good original samples of original upholstery are getting rare, and might be well worth being preserved.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

Wayne, the Radiator on the left was on my 24 Roadster and it has a name plate on the top of it with the mfg. info on it. The other one on the right has no name. Neither one has Ford any where on it that I can see. i Can;t remember the name on the left one off hand and both are in the shop right now being repaired. I will have them back either tomorrow or Thursday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

Yeah Allan, I'm the original owner. At least of the other car I drive. This car came out of Minnesota or some place back that direction. It sat in a warehouse for 20 years in Big Fork Montana and collected dust and rodents. The inside was disgusting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menteer on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 09:53 pm:

My coupe had cloth from aprons tacked to the door panels for upholstery. They must have been giving aprons away at the hardware store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

Probably during the depression years and that's all they could afford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

My 29 Model A sedan had two sets of covers on the front seats. The first set was burlap bags and had seed advertising on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

I once pulled the upholstery out of my 65 Corvair found a waded up $2 silver certificate,1953 franklin 1/2 dollar and a readers digest filling the hole in the drivers seat. Always interesting to see what is in an old car. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration