Ignition Plate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ignition Plate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Calabrese on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

Hi, I'm missing one of the screws that hold the ignition plate to the dash, does anyone know where I can buy a period correct one?
Also, the light switch operates to the left and to the right but the lights seem to function the same in either position. Is there a low and high beam? Thanks, Dave
Ignition Plate Screws

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 06:28 pm:

Dave, Drive the T as close to a light colored wall as possible in the dark and try out the two light positions to see if there is any change on the wall. No telling what was installed by a previous owner. Could be single filament bulbs, or similiar elements burned out, or some of those famous repro bulbs where the filiments run vertical instead of horizontal. Also could be poor contacts in the switch. Even with clean lenses and shiny polished reflectors the headlights can be pretty minimal. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

I think the screws are just standard oval head (I don't remember the size and thread), take another one out and take it to a good hardware store and you should be able to find a match.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 10:20 pm:

I believe they are a 10-32, but am not sure. I'm also pretty sure they were raven finish originally. I used stainless on my car which I'm sure isn't correct, but they sure look nice! They use a square nut on the back side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Calabrese on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

Thanks for the help, I'll try and match it up or replace all four.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration