I want to focus on my T's. Need to sell my other cars

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: I want to focus on my T's. Need to sell my other cars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

So if a CDO, 1cyl Cadillac or some big brass interests you then contact me off list

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

Also a Stanley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 10:25 pm:

If my pocketbook matched my interest level, I'd be giving you a call. How about teasing us all with a few photos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

Stanley... Pictures please so I can dream away...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

Tomorrow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

Yeah, Erik H, I resemble that remark. If my pocketbook matched my interest, I would have never sold half the cars I have over the years. I would LOVE to have a 1-cylinder Cadillac! But I would like either the CDO or Stanley even MORE! I don't know what all Les S has for "big brass", but I like almost all of them.

At the risk of being accused of blasphemy, Les S, I wonder if you could tell why you would want to lose the high-level brass cars in favor of the Ts? I love model Ts, and decided a long time ago that I never ever again wanted to not have at least one good tourable T. I do understand that things like one cylinder Cadillacs and CDOs or any steam car requires a lot of time maintaining per hour of touring. Many hobbyists begin to retire the high end horseless carriages in favor of touring with their Ts for that very reason.
Just curious.
Drive carefully, and do enjoy the cars! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:00 pm:

Wayne
What I enjoy most is making things, restoring cars, building radical T engines. The "other" cars are restored and just sit there. Most of them I haven't driven in 5-10 years. Someone else should be enjoying them!!
Hope this makes sense

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

Les, I look forward to pics of your great cars. Also, do you have specific Ts you'll look for if you sell your other brass.

Good luck. Sometimes, half the fun is the chase......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Rob
Not looking for anything, got plenty of projects!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

I understand. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

You could just bring me one down when you come next week. I could find something to do with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:24 pm:

Stan
Uh huh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 02:45 am:

Les,
Having a friend with a mindset similar to yours, is what helped me to get pre-T car into my collection. My friend had a cute little Maxwell that had been sitting for a long time and he was too busy with other restoration projects to fix the carburetor and get it back on the road. So, he offered it to me for a fair price, knowing that I would care for it and drive it often. My wife calls it her anniversary present and seems to love it at least as much as I do.

Thanks, for all that you do for the antique car hobby. It's nice to hear that you want to see your cars going to people that will drive them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 07:33 am:

les!! i have made a living off mod t"s for 40 years now mod t would be the last car i would keep !!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 09:34 am:

Charley
And that is what makes the world interesting!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Les,
I would drive the Stanley a LOT. I have some trades possible; 26 Barn-fresh tudor, '53 Dodge P/U, player piano, and all sorts of stuff. Money?? Uh, not much of that around here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

David
The 26 Tudor might get my attention. Unfortunately a '13 Stanley does not come cheap. My real point is I am trying to reduce life's burdens.
For those who have contacted me I have emailed some pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 03:39 pm:

Les!! got any old overland stuff in the junk piles.ha.ha... charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Charley
Sorry no Overland stuff. I guess I should confirm that I am not selling "junk piles"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

Charlie, were the pictures I emailed you couple weeks ago an Overland.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

Les, I understood that, so my posting really was in some jest. I know Coffin-nosed Stanleys are a bit on the pricey side--but HEY, it was worth asking!! :-)
In case I run across anyone (might happen; I do know steam folks), how's the boiler & what kind of burner? My little steamcar had a slotted burner, but it could still howl like the drilled ones!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

john! no they were not. i guess i didn't say sorry. thanks for sending them. charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration