Klemm Governor accessory

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Klemm Governor accessory
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

I cleaned up the Klemm Governor that I got at Chickasha to add to the collection. The neat thing about this one is the screws that adjust the speed, have holes drilled to attach a "seal wire" to stop tampering with. May have been used on a truck fleet to limit the "speed demons" of the day that worked for them . ?? There is a "vane assembly" inside that rotates. By adjusting the two screws you can rotate the vane from full open to almost closed. Then lock the setting with the wire seal. Even in the full open position it seems like it still would restrict the flow. Just one more of the thousands of items made for our Ts. Not in perfect, useable condition, due to the pot metal swelling, but will look good in the display case anyway...

One thing I noticed is how similar the intake is to a U&J intake. I have seen intakes on E-Bay like the Klemm intake before being sold as U&J intakes and just thought they were another variation of the U&J intakes. A U&J carb fits them perfect other than the length of the intake runner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 07:12 am:

Thanx for posting this. I wondered what would have attached to this intake I have.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration