Prom night

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Prom night
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

Well, my son is a senior this year, so this is his last Prom. His date was a friend of his that he has known since they were in third grade.

They went as a group with some of their other friends. They are all good kids, in Student leadership, National honor society, etc.

My son, of course, wanted me to chauffeur him and his date to dinner and then from dinner to the Prom.

The sunset was beautiful and getting towards dusk as we made the trip from the restaurant to the Prom, so I had an opportunity to use the acetylene headlights.

I'm not sure if it more fun to have a Dad with a Model T or to BE the Dad with the Model T...

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:24 pm:

How can Spencer be that old??? I remember when he was born................ I remember the little speedster you made him.

He'd better keep that girl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

Hmmmm boy has this made my little girl in Mississippi ill. Seems like yesterday when they danced at the 100 yr celebration. We are both lucky parents to have such fine children.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

Keith,
Great pics and wonderful young people enjoying your Model T. I know you're proud of your son, and what a great opportunity to share your car and our hobby with your son and his friends.

Thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 12:14 am:

John-
Oh, yeah. I remember that little girl...

Did you get a picture of them dancing?

I understand her prom was the same night. I saw a phone image of her all dolled up. I don't suppose she asked you to be chauffeur for her and her date?

I think it's a good thing Spencer's date was an old pal!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 12:15 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 12:34 am:

Keith, all grown up but still daddy's little girl.
I do somewhere on a laptop I'll see if I can find them and post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 04:46 am:

Hey Keith, thanks for posting the pics of a great event, you must be proud! Thank goodness it was documented with pictures, the car looks great too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 06:44 am:

Looks like everyone had a great time - even the car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 07:03 am:

What a fun night that must have been for all. Thanks for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 07:28 am:

Nice pictures, and it looks like everyone had a good time. Be sure to attach a paragraph to the photo's when you store them so a hundred years from now your family will know who, where, what. So Keith will your son be leaving for college soon?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 07:37 am:

Keith,The photos are GREAT! Spencer and his date look good. You even cleaned up to be a distinguished looking Chauffeur. I know Yvonne is very proud. Thanks for posting them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Wonderful story Keith, Nice car and appropriate attire. Looks like all had a great time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Wow - nice duds, Keith !

Boy, do they grow up fast or what ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

Keith and John,

Congratulations! It looks like you’ve both have done a great job of getting them started off right.
They grow up so fast – enjoy all the moments you can.

And Keith – great car and outfit.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 03:33 pm:

I love the uniform. Just don't get a case of chauffeur's elbow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 04:14 pm:

I also chauffeured my daughter to the prom but she would not let me wear the cap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 04:42 pm:

It's about time the girls start dating the car not the driver...in the day if a guy didn't have the car, he didn't have the girl!
Remember when??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

Keith,Very Nice!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Nice pics, looks like a lot of fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

Well, since we're posting prom pics, this is my friend Sandi's daughter -- although I consider her to be mine. Sophomore, 15 and gorgeous, hard to believe she is this grown up already. Athlete, brilliant scholar, musician - (twice state champion old time fiddler for her age group + plays fiddle & guitar on some of our show dates), up for just about anything from dirt bikes to gopher hunting to academic competitions, her Willys CJ2A to being homecoming princess, she is always ready for a new adventure. We haven't been able to get to the Model T driving yet but we will.

She was pretty sunburned in the picture, she was a a track meet all day the day of the prom. Ran in several events -- no sunscreen.

Here is a link to the story in last Sunday's Butte, Montana Standard newspaper about her success running and the health challenges she has faced.

https://www.facebook.com/stanton.howe/posts/10208409867137967?notif_t=like&notif_id=1460517105632255

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 11:47 pm:

Stan, Really nice job by Sandi!

Keith, Nice kids and nice job driving them to the Prom. Nice outfit also, and your acetlyene lights look perfect. I really like the Prest O - Lite tank too.

Keith (The other one)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 01:02 am:

Keith -- kid is by Sandi, dress, shoes and hair by Uncle Stan. Also the Diamond earrings. And the guns and the dirt bike and the CJ2A and the fiddle and the guitars and the mandolin and the mechanic's tools she wanted (and got) for her 14th birthday. Car is coming soon, we are shopping. I want to get her a Sport Trac but she doesn't think it is cool enough for a high school girl. She's a great kid as is her older brother.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 03:55 am:

Congratulations to Spencer and his lovely date!
My son, Jackson will participate in his Aussie Prom equivalent tomorrow night. He knocked back my offer of Model T transport. Where did I go wrong??? He will travel with his date in a Stretch Limo Hummer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 10:18 am:

Warick-

Be sure to send pictures!

I think it is cool that not only us "grown ups" have met "Model T" friends, but our kids have too!

Here are those two knuckleheads on their way to the Grand Canyon...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

My daughter's high school boyfriends dad drive them to prom in a 24 sedan. It was very nice over restored car. I hadn't yet bought a T at that time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

Keith........yours are some of the nicest photos I've seen anywhere for a long time!
Looks like your son has some neat friends....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maxine on Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 04:55 am:

Great thread with a lots of fun posts here. Keep sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maxine on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 01:53 am:

Have you seen this post?

Cute Prom Makeup, Updos & Hairstyles Ideas of 2016

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

Not T related, but a Ford connection - My wife's cousin drove his dad's '66 Mustang Ragtop to his senior prom. Two decades later his son drove the same Mustang to his senior prom. The car is still pristine, and the hope is that his grandchild will drive the same Mustang to his/her senior prom. No, the car is not for sale at any, and I do mean any, price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

That's a nice thing about cars like a Mustang .... they made LOTS of them. If someone
really wants one, they are out there to be bought. Different story with that 22 Kissel, 31
Auburn, or 56 Caribbean.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration