Sad to report we have lost a fellow Model T'er

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sad to report we have lost a fellow Model T'er
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

Been way to busy of late and did not think to post here as he was never in the forum. I was contacted by a friend who still lives in the Denver area that Don Whissen past president of the Model T Ford Club and the local Pedal Pushers Model T Ford Club passed yesterday. To day I found out services will be on Monday the 25th of April, 9am at Crown Hill Cemetary Wheatridge. CO. When I hear more I will update.
I knew Don for more than 40 years and have many memories from when I still lived with my parents. He drive many many miles in his 1914 touring taking it from Denver to Texas to start his drive to the Attic Circle and back. He and his touring also were on the cover of the Vintage Ford and may be the only non speedster "action" shots, and no, no chickens were harmed in the process. J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 07:16 am:

Sad to hear about Don, he has been a real friend to my wife and I over the years, always looked forward to receiving his Christmas cars and note each year. A truly great Model T man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 07:42 am:

I have been on many club outings with Don and his lady friend, I will miss his wonderful smile and warm hand shakes. A truly special man to all. He and I traveled many miles in our 14 T's. He taught me how to use my Ruckstell and attended many seminars at our home. We will miss his October Chile night. Our local Denver Club nominated Don for the Rosenthal award of which he truly deserved. We have lost a true friend, Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

My condolences to the family

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

I met Don at a business meeting. and I visited with him at the Party and Kanab tour.
Very nice man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

Sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for the family. So sad to see so many of our fellow enthusiast passing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

That is sad news

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

Don was a good man and friend.

R I P Don, thanks Jerry for posting this

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 12:32 am:

As a member of the Denver T club I am so sad to here of Don's passing. He and I both had 14 Touring cars that looked like sisters. I enjoyed his stories of the Texas to the Artic circle and back tour. Don was the sort of guy that accepted any one. And I mean any one. He was one of the great T guys and I will miss him. A lot of T knowledge is gone. He was the sort of guy that judged no one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 02:38 am:

It always saddens me to read of these passings. Whether I knew them or not, I know people that knew them well and in a very real sense they have suffered a personal loss.
Many of these people need to be "mentioned in passing". especially honored for just a short while. They were good people, with many friends. They were antique automobile people, the best, and the smartest, and most connected to the world at large of most of the types of people in the world.

My condolences to his close friends and family.
Wayne Sheldon

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration