READING SPARK PLUGS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: READING SPARK PLUGS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Rinaldo on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

I am in process of doing some work on my T engine. I removed the plugs and here is what they look like. Number 1 and 2 looked showed normal use [light tan]. Number 3 and 4 looked like they were just taken out of the box and never used. I do run a Z head and the car runs great. My best guess is a head gasket failure. Any other ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 01:33 pm:

Steve ; # 1 is always darker as # 2. # 4 is the lightest one. That has something to do with the intake manifold.
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 01:55 pm:

I have an idea, if the car runs great, why are you worried about the color of the plugs? Are there any other symptoms that concern you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

Perfectly clean white insulators is a good sign of water leaking into the cylinder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Brumfield on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 03:52 pm:

You want the plugs to be somewhere in between light brown to grayish tan. However, slightly white may not be too bad unless it is "chalky white."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 05:07 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration