Common Sense/Murphy and Lift a dot fastener tools.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Common Sense/Murphy and Lift a dot fastener tools.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

I just received my new lift a dot and common sense fastener installation tools from Witmer Coach Shop. The lift a dot tool was 37.50 and the common sense tool was 50.00. They came to 95.30 for both tools including shipping. The tools in the other suppliers catalog are 68.95 for the lift a dot and 96.25 for the common sense. for a total of 165.20 without shipping. I got both tools for less than the price of one. They both are very nice quality and were even coated with real cosmolene. I have not seen that in years. I have dealt with Witmer Coach Shop for years. They are a Amish buggy parts supplier, but they have lots of neat things most of us like. I believe in giving a "thumbs up" to folks who do a good and fair job. I have no connection to them other than buying from them in the past. They do not have a web site. But you can call them at 717-656-3411 and they will send a catalog.

As delivered..

Nice sharp well made tool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

witmers are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i have been in there shop. a#1.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 09:44 am:

Donnie, Thanks so much for posting this. I've been holding off purchasing these tools because I hate to get ripped off! Your post just saved me a bunch.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 11:38 am:

Howard, I know what you mean. I have wanted the tools for years, but the cost was just to high for my budget. The 165.20 price I quoted was from the cheapest repro parts vendor. They are actually higher priced in the other guys catalogs. Its still a lot of money for the tools from Witmer Coach but at least they are affordable (and very well made). I just thought there would be others maybe needing them, and the price difference was a big amount...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 11:50 am:

I am showing my ignorance here ... what do these do ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

Burger

The tools are used to punch holes in top and side curtain material so as to install easily common sense and lift the dot fasteners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 04:02 pm:

like this:

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

Keith, thanks for the demonstration. I installed my lift a dot fasteners today and it was so much easier than trying to use an x-acto knife or razor blade.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration