Old Photo - Nice Disk Wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Nice Disk Wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 11:59 am:

Must be a Bonneville speed racer !

To me, the wood spoke wheels are a quintessential part of the Model T charm. Discs
and wires only take away from that period look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Those are just covers. The spokes are still there - look at the front passenger wheel. Fuzzy, but it looks like spokes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

Those were the custom wheel dressing of the day, period correct and a cool photo, Jay Thanks for taking the time to share your photos :-) My Dad told me a story about my Grandpa shared to him by Great Grandma, When Grandpa was 12 years old, he had purchased a model t speedster with red disc wheels and he was so proud of it. He was trying to start it with the timing set wrong and of course it back fired and broke his arm, in about 6 weeks he was attempting to start it again and it caught on fire and burned to the ground :-(. Great Grandma said that he put his head in her lap and cried and cried. It is to bad that there weren't any photos. Just a disc wheel story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

There was some disc wheels at the Bakersfield swap today

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration