Old Photo - Model T Era Texaco Station

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era Texaco Station
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 10:32 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 11:16 am:

i have everything but the building, truck to.f.w.d. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

I would like to have the visible pump. What different times. I love these old pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 01:06 pm:

I must be getting old. I remember using one of those pumps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

tim!! the may west pumps are not hard to find.the# on my 10 gal is 350,000. just have to have the right greens. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 04:01 pm:

I've got a ten gallon Fry and they stand about eight feet tall! Did they really need the extra height by putting them on those cement stands!?!?!

I, too, love these old pictures. Especially when there's an accompanying one showing the same scene now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

Jay, Thanks for the great picture. I have a restored 1928 Wayne 615 in Texaco colors, I am a Texaco fan and collect Texaco items, plan on doing a 20's gas station. Also have a 1924/5 closed cab TT to be a Texaco Truck. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 07:45 am:

Marty! these pumps don't have the iron base most have. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 08:39 am:

Tim, I'm with you! Would love to have one of those pumps, love all old pics, old buildings, old cars. Charley, they may not be hard to find, but they ARE hard to afford!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 10:43 am:

Tim, you are right we are in pigeon forge,tn @ the Grand Rod Run and there are several visible pumps here restored for sale but they are $4500 and $6500. A little much for me. Really cool pumps though! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

tim!! i know what you mean. i have quite a few in the 10 t0 15,000.oo range unrestored .wish i had never got in to cars. just gas pumps and indians. plus you can store about 5 gas pumps in place of one car. i stared gas pumps in 1984, Indians in 1993.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

I have an unrestored one of these. Needs glass, but would restore nicely, which I plan to do.

Waune Pump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 02:06 pm:

It is an interesting story on how I obtained my 492 Wyane gas pump. A lady called me and said she had an old gas pump for sale and was I interested. She lived in semi rural area near Minneapolis, Mn. She had heard that I bought old things. She had called an local antique shop and they told her to bring it in and they would consider it. So she called me and I told her on would drive out to see the pump. They has just bought this old farm house. The pump was still hooked up and sat so it could not be viewed from the road. I was surprised when it turned out to be a Wayne visible. I had always wanted a visible pump and this was the first one offered to me as found. Needless to say I bought it and returned the next day with my tailor and brought it home. The on the top was still the holder for the make of gasoline, but that glass was mostly missing. It had been for GOLF Oil. The glass for tank had bullet holes in it. I was pleased when it turned out to be the "rarest" gas pump and most sought after.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

i have one of those to! my frist pump was a national duplex cast iron clock pump right across the road for $25.00 in 1984, i still have. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 04:10 pm:

So, what did your tailor think about it? :-) Ain't "auto-correct" fun!
I remember as a kid we went on a vacation into Mexico, probably around 1960, and there were many stations where visible pumps were still in use.
While I have my Dad's Chevron sign (a bit beat up, unfortunately) I've never had a pump. I'll post some pictures in a new thread of a still standing Richfield Station and Tower--its a house now, but pretty original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Osburn on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

I have a 5 gallon visible May West style pump with I think the original glass. Has the fry stamp on it
.Am sure there are others, but I have never seen a 5 gallon.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration