Model T Night Out

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T Night Out
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

Went to dinner last night with George Clipner, Martin Vowell, Martin's wife Jodi, and her mom.

Martin & George

George drove his 1926 touring from his place in West L.A. up over Sepulveda Pass to Norm's in Van Nuys. After dinner I followed him up to Martin's in Sylmar. In the past I've thought of coming out here in a T sometime, but worried about the traffic. Seeing George driving here in the valley at night took some of the edge off my apprehension. On the surface streets, traffic generally moves at Model T speeds.

Martin's 1922 touring is currently having its guts fixed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 07:54 pm:

Steve -- Are you becoming a jet-setter? A few days ago you posted pics of an auction in NJ, now you're in L.A.?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

The auction was in Joisey but I was out here in Woodland Hills getting the pictures off Facebook. Ain't the internet grand?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

Steve, I work in Santa Monica and live in Woodland Hills. Next time you can stop by!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

Steve, George usually travels faster than normal Model T speeds...I had a hell of a time keeping up with him in my car when we went to the Memorial for Ralph Ricks in Manhattan Beach. Remember he's got a "Z" head on his car and 3-1 in the rear with a Ruckstell axle...he's no slouch on streets, like your or my car would be. He was clocking 40 most of the way on the Garmin that night. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 12:09 am:

Steve,
Thanks for posting. We had lunch at Norms on Sherman Way last fall. Good food. It is great to see Model Ter's in the valley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

Faster than normal ?? Sometimes, My car was running extremely well that nite and there were a few times with little traffic and smooth roads and good weather, she just wanted to get away. Must have been the weather. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration