Bakersfield reports??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bakersfield reports??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

OK, it's been almost 4 hours, so what's going on; what buys have folks "run home" with??
Inquiring minds want to know!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 06:00 pm:

Lots of good stuff changing hands. It seemed like a lot of empty vendor spaces but it is a Friday and tomorrow may be better. Great weather and nice parts seemed to be in abundance. Lots of OHV heads and speed goodies

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 06:21 pm:

I saw several complete ruckstells for sale, 2 Frontenac heads, one Roof head, several Waukesha Ricardo heads, lots of big ticket items, but if you brought the money, it was there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

I'm going up tomorrow, hopefully there will be some good stuff left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 08:06 pm:

Philip,
Go EARLY--dark-thirty!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

Lots and lots of good stuff! Long snout pans to aluminum hog heads, Ruxtels to early wishbones, Low heads to '15-'16 coil box lids. It was all there at reasonable prices! If you're even thinking of going tomorrow, grab your cash and get packed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 08:21 pm:

Don't get there before 7:00am. We waited outside the gate for 45 minutes this morning until vendors were in place & the gate opened to the shoppers.
I have some photos of cars but can't get them off my phone & posted. We found some goodies & will be back tomorrow. It shuts down at noon.
Good times with many old & new friends :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

Have 5 dollars exact change ready so you don't have to wait in the non-exact change line, you walk right in at 7:00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

The gate opens at 6 for vendors and 7 for buyers. Buyers will start lining up about 6:30.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:31 am:

We enjoyed our first time at Bakersfield, but only bought a few small items. I met several Forum participants: Erik Barrett, Saw John McGinnis, R.V. Anderson, Kim Dobbins, Larry Blair (aka Loco Larry from The Tin Shed), Brian Ostergren, and good friends, Russ and Russel Furstnow.

All in all it was a good time.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Snyder on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:57 am:

Here's a few pics for you, there is alot of stuff there .I spent more than I brought , and had to get out quickly before I found anything else I needed. boxes full of dusty old parts... everything you could imagine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Snyder on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 01:02 am:

I would have taken more pics , but had to get home by 6 pm and really did spend all my money then some .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Snyder on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 01:09 am:

I think if your on the fence it is just going to get better Saturday .I think all the vendors n and sellers slots will be full . And there was lots of T parts already .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 03:12 am:

Michael,
You mean left so fast you didn't stop at Dewar's for Ice Cream???
Ooooh, that's BAD!!
Thanks for the pics! Oh to have been able to go. . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 09:00 am:

Michael, I am very pleased with the photos you had the time to take. The Excelsior and the 'F' Buick were especially fun for me to see. Also some Overland water pipes on the table in the Excelsior picture.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 09:18 am:

How many vendors would you say there are?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

Best swap meet on the west coast for early cars. They have many others than Fords, but about 3/4 the stuff is for Model T's and Model A's. Saw several sets of good looking 26-27 wire wheels. Many Brass headlights, and quite a few engines. One engine complete with transmission and a rats nest inside the transmission! :-). That one will take a bit of cleaning out! There were also many complete cars for sale Some in poor condition, but many others looked very good.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

Derrick Pang took this shot of some geezer with Brian, who has impeccable sartorial taste. I went with Derrick, George Clipner, and Martin Vowell. I'll post more later, after I download my own pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

Pete and RePete

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

Did the Columbus highwheeler sell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 06:44 pm:

Here's a link to photos. If this doesn't work for somebody, I'll post them here.

https://www.facebook.com/steve.jelf/media_set?set=a.10201969449755877.1073741911 .1774163394&type=3&pnref=story

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

I bought four spare coils and some points for them. Kinda disappointed that by 10:00 am vendors were already leaving. Maybe this should be a one day event instead?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 06:49 pm:

Some were even packing up yesterday. Apparently if you're looking for a particular item you need to be there Friday morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 06:51 pm:

Looks like Bryan Ostregen with Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

The link worked for me (I have a Facebook account), great pics, thanks Steve! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 06:55 pm:

Doesn't work for me Steve. I'm not on Facebook :o(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

I'm in the same boat as you George.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

OK, I'll post 'em here later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 07:54 pm:

Steve -- This looks like a good time to be in Califunny. Ark. City is expecting 5-8" of rain in the next 48 hours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 11:31 pm:

I picked up an unusual 1918 block with the later style circular casting date. The date is 6-10-18 and a serial number corresponding to an assembly date of 6-18-18. I showed the photo to Russ Furstnow and he hadn't seen an '18 with that style of casting date, but he's seen enough T oddities not to be surprised. Does anyone else have such a 1918 engine block? If one was produced this early, it would seem there should be others.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

Weather was awesome! Offerings were exceptional (as always). Lots of speeds stuff on hand. Met a lot of forum folks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

I was wondering who picked up that 16 valve head.....What are your plans for it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

I'm likely going to put it on my 27' Lake style mid-life crisis roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 05:31 pm:

It was great getting the chance to catch up with many on Friday - Gene Carrothers, Tom Leroux, Garrett Green, Kim Dobbins, Don Skille and Glen Chaffin, to name a few. I was hoping to meet some new folks from the forum as well. I figured I wouldn’t miss Steve Jelf as he would undoubtedly be wearing his “uniform” but we must have been circling each other on opposite ends of the meet. I think Gene’s idea of name badges with some sort of club/forum designation is a great idea to facilitate forum members meeting and putting faces with names. Wait - Funny Nose and Glasses might work even better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 08:13 pm:

I did get a chance to say hello to Mr. Jelf.

You know how people say some movie star didn't look the same in real life ? Well, Steve looked taller, a little younger, and not quite as thrifty as I expected.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

I got one of Steve's $2 bills.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 09:56 pm:

Having been at almost every Bakersfield since it started, I have a couple of observations,

There were less vendors as has been the case for the last several years. While I was told they were "sold out" I'm guessing there were nearly 1/3 of the stalls empty.

I did not see the land rush when the gates opened at 7 am for the buyers on Friday. Saturday was dead dead dead.

My opinion is this is the best damn pre war swap meet bar non. But that said, the really nice brass on display went begging for buyers. There was more speed equipment on display for sale, and a huge amount did not sell. I looked at several overheads with high prices on Friday and Saturday at 1 pm those heads were being offered at greatly reduced prices and still did not sell.

Lots of quality model t parts were there for the purchase, Kim had a great supply of very good stuff, All in all the quantity was there but the buyers seemed to be not opening their wallets.

So after attending sway meets from coast to coast for over 50 years, I think we should blame the politicians and the coming election for the lack of excitement and interest. Oh well there's always next year, see ya there.

just the observation of an addled mind,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

Is it possible that the economy actually STINKS???
I think I'm broker than I've been in a long time, and with the coming increase in the minimum wage, my earning dollars will be even less, and my wife's job will be less profitable.
No politics involved in this posting, just economic facts.
Wish we could have been there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

David, Your right. We've had 8 years of stink. We really need a change for the better. But I think it is too late. We now have too many takers, including 12 million illegals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 01:21 am:

So true David and Glen not counting what I had bought beforehand and picking up in spent some $$
But was gun shy to buy what I really wanted
Just what I needed plus couple items that will hopefully give me a complete unit
Saw alot of old friends and made a few new ones but missed alot of forum folks I was hoping to meet was told this event was sold out but alot of those that were missing as there was another event going on and had make a choice.
Anyway the years I been Friday the big day and Saturday the deal day
Still the best present ww2 meet on the west coast
PS anyone know who owned a 15 roadster on the trailer in D row I have miss placed his contact info

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 06:08 am:

My observations follow those of previous posts. I sold a lot of stuff...but just small, junk items...nothing big. Seemed like a different kind of buyers this year. I also claim that the Bakersfield meet was not advertised...no flyers, no ads in VF, no nothing. I was expecting to find a flyer about signing up for a space...had to research to find Tom Lane. I noticed that there were several earlier threads asking for the dates...and all were confused. What's up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 09:50 am:

This was one of the BEST Bakersfield Swap Meets I have been to. Great prices, great people and plenty of excellent parts! I was able to sell some speedometers and bring some speedometers home to work on for people in the hobby. While there are some who are affected by the economy, I don't rely on swap meets to impact my income....it's all discretionary dollars.
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 04:01 pm:

Since I don't see where anyone answered me, I'll ask again. How many vendors are there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 05:05 pm:

I must agree, Bakersfield is the best meet I go to. I'd rather go there then Hershey. I sold LOTS of parts this year, didn't get much time to shop but there were many nice parts for sale at good prices. There were early T rear axles, tons of brass and lots od speed equipment available. There were a few empty spaces and the number of buyers seemed down a bit. I don't know why more people don't make the trip to this meet, it's the best!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

I apparently missed out on getting one of those ratcheting band nut wrenches from somebody who had a box of them no less...George Clipner and Derrick Pang got one, but somehow I missed that table...and I was right behind them too...BLAST!

Did find a nice 13.5 inch steering wheel spider, a valve spring lifter tool and the only (NOS) Blue Crown TF for Model T spark plug in the whole bloody place (needed two), there were Splitsdorf's and Firestone pinks galore, but only one Blue Crown. Maybe at Long Beach's swap meet I'll find another one...hope so. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 06:28 pm:

Martin, Kim Dobbins had that box of ratcheting band nut wrenches

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 07:54 pm:

Not much good stuff surfaces at the swap meets in our area of north garage. I go to 6-8 a year but never see much. Model A and T stuff is limited here. I buy some stuff on line from the Midwest. Most of the good meets with A or T stuff are 12-15 hours away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 08:52 am:

HOW MANY VENDORS?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 09:09 am:

Tim: You need to go to Luray in May. We need to get this meet going so those of us on this side of the country have a good pre war meet. It is 600 miles for me to Luray, less for you. Hope to see you there. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 10:14 am:

I would say there were between 75 to 100 vendors this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Jerry,
Bakersfield has about 400 spaces. They are about 80% taken and vendors take 2-3 spaces for large sales. I would say the multiple spaces are about 20% of the occupancy. But somewhere there must be a listing of vendors.
He will have an exact answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 10:25 am:

Mark & John,

Thanks very much! Trying to figure out if it's worth coming from Michigan to check it out next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 10:38 am:

Jerry,

Best swap meet on the West coast hands down! It has it all. Speed equipment, brass and black era parts galore. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 10:54 am:

Simply put, its a smaller swapmeet compared to others out there, but the T goodies are all there and they are not lost in an ocean of chevy v8 parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 02:19 pm:

Jerry,
Worth it? Depends on a lot of things: Are you making the trip just to by parts, or are you also going to visit friends/relatives, or is it going to also be a bit of a vacation? Too many variables there--but IF you go, and you're coming from so far away, there are a few things you should do while there--seriously! Eat at Wool Growers, or Noriega's, do get some Ice Cream at Dewars. There must be other "touristy" things to do around there too, others will have to fill in on that. For me it's about a 12 hour round-trip, so we were planning on going for one night, including a dinner at Wool Growers, and an afternoon ice cream on our way home; and mostly going to see all our old car friends and get to drool over the great cars that show up there, and the neat parts. Our budget got in the way--too many expenses in this month, and not enough piano tunings to cover them. Stuff happens. . . Maybe next year!
Also, the percentage of parts our kind of folks are interested in is much higher here than any other meet. One year we went there were three vendors specializing in Steam Car parts--THREE!! Not counting other vendors who had a few steam pieces amongst their stash of stuff for sale. Now what other meet, besides Hershey, will you find that?? It's not a swap meet--it's an Institution! (or as we'd say in the 60s, "It's a Happening!"
So "worth it" is not measured in dollars, but in personal satisfaction. Your mileage WILL vary!
OH, and if it rains, all bets are off! :-)(Rare, but it has happened.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 05:26 pm:

A few thoughts on the meet. Attendance seemed to be down this year, both vendors and buyers. We sold a good bit of stuff, trailer went home lighter we made a little money. That being said, all the stuff sold because it was CHEAP! Money was tight this year, even by model T standards. I have never seen so many early T rear ends at a meet. Did not see anyone carrying them away. I sold a pair of rusty 13/14 housings for $85. All I could get.
Dewar's appeared to be closed every time we went by it.
I disagree with David on when it rains. The last time it rained there I sold everything I brought. I consistently sell better at meets when it rains. Just bring proper rain gear and come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 05:36 pm:

Jerry- If you come to Bakersfield, come out the week before and do the tour. The tour is a great way to see this part of California and it is a heck of a lot of fun. I realize it isn't practical to bring a car from Detroit, but there are plenty of cars you can ride in-including mine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

Erik,
I didn't say it would be bad, just that "all bets are off" as it can go either way! I know toy train meets are best if there is a light rain--enough to keep people from outdoor activity, but not so much that they won't drive to do something indoors (like a train swap).
BTW, I have a muffler pipe for you here. I Should make it down your way sometime. I have two player tunings in Penn Valley tomorrow!
T'ake care,
David D.
Dewars closed?? AAAAUGH!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

Since nobody mentioned it I'm dying to know if anyone knows what the speedster body is in the first 2 pictures?

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

Howard, it's a Mercury body

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 01:54 am:

Here are my pictures from last Friday's Bakersfield excursion.

On the 101, off to Martin's at the crack of dawn.

Martin Vowell and Derrick Pang, looking over the goods.

Derrick, George Clipner, and Martin

I thought it was interesting that this had ribbed low and brake pedals and a lettered reverse. Later I realized it's also RHD.

Some geezer with Brian Ostergren.

Erik Barrett, Martin, Derrick, that geezer, and George.

George with Art Wilson.

Rustics are often very sound mechanically. That was the case here.

Four brands of plugs.

These are pretty scarce, especially rears.

Glen Chaffin had this magneto charger for sale.

Glen with George

Mike Snyder visits with Martin. Jeff Hood (yellow shirt) passes out flyers for the Long Beach club.

Good stuff by Dan McEachern.

Larry "Original" Smith was looking for parts. What kind? Original, of course.

1914 Kissel Kar

Under the Kissel hood.

1931 Plymouth

Jim Guinn, Bill Harris, George Clipner

Not all Maxwells are small.

An early head, before "Made in USA" was added.

Pierces are impressive cars.

Brass tank selfie.

Big brakes for a big car.

Visiting with Gene Carrothers.

Lots of swell cars.

1914 Cadillac

Overland. Somebody who knows can tell the year.

1906 Columbus high wheeler.

Somebody's home.

Did somebody really pay $200 for this?

Needs a bit of oil. MMM? MBRT?

This International is a work in progress. Engine & transmission included.

1907 Cartercar

Mostly 1915 Ford...

...and a 1914.

Another Caddy

Cadillac's unusual spring arrangement.

Not just a pretty face. It's been touring.

The Buick has the same type of spring setup as the Cadillac.

An eye-catching Reo.

Another rustic was on the scene.

You could sharpen your ax in front...

...and do your laundry out back.

Studebaker was well represented.

Another Stude touring.

After dinner at Wool Growers', dessert at Dewar's was the perfect way to end the day.

I hadn't been here in many years. My big English toffee malt cost almost eight bucks, but Mister Thrifty didn't mind at all. It was great.

When you come to the end of a perfect day...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 09:46 am:

I've been a passenger in that Pierce speedster, roaring along in the Arizona desert. What a blast that was!

I used to own a 2-cylinder Model F Buick like that one. It's quite a potent touring car. It can, with a bit of work, keep up with stock Model Ts on a typical tour. That rear spring was an after-market accessory, unlike the one on the Cadillac. I still have that auxiliary spring if anyone needs to buy it.

Steve, thanks for those great pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 10:59 am:

Those are magnificent photos Steve. Thanks.
Just for the record, the 2 cyl Buick rear suspension has been modified for a third spring. It is similar to Cadillac and may have been an option. I have never seen that before. This is what the standard Buick used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 09:04 am:

Steve
Great report with pictures.
Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

Steve,
After dinner at Wool Growers you had room for Dewars????
Hollow leg there maybe???
I"m jealous!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

I'm a prolific stower of groceries, usually the last in any group to finish eating. Fought the battle of the bulge for decades before I finally figured it out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration