Body assembly hardware

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Body assembly hardware
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Keppler on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

This might be asking a bit much but is there a kit out there that contains all the "correct" hardware (nuts, bolts, slotted screws etc.) to assemble the body on a model T....1924 touring to be exact

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

Langs has some packets that you could put together for example....
Body Bracket to Frame .......3602S
Front Fender Bracket To Frame.....48550BS
Rear Fender Bracket To Frame.....4804BS
There are other packets so some investigation would be in order. Maybe someone else knows of a vendor with a total packet. Otherwise a phone call to your favorite T parts supplier would get you the information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

When you install the doors braze the nuts to a piece of sheet metal and screw it in place to wood. (ie: make a nut plate) That way you can remove the doors with the hinges attached or doors from the hinges without disturbing the upholstery .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 08:18 am:

Excellent advice Ted, I also do this with the striker and leave the metal panel with elongated holes and a little lose so you can make door adjustments if needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 08:32 am:

Doing my 24 touring as I had to use a wood kit I mounted the rear body a little bit farther back to gain good door gaps and had shims made for the door hinges and striker. The results are perfect door gaps and hopefully no door to body scrub as the body twists .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration