Pullford Wheelbase length?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Pullford Wheelbase length?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John J. Archibald on Friday, April 15, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

A friend asks: what is the length of a Pullford conversion vehicle from the front of the steel front wheels to the back of the steel rear wheels?

I've searched the forum archives but come up with nothing. Anyone have a Pullford he can measure?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:00 am:

It depends on which pullford conversion you have

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John J. Archibald on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

Thank you for your quick reply. He sent me photos of the Pullford conversion he is studying. Does this help? Please let me know if you need more information. Photo 1Photo 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

That is one of the newer pullfords. Much shorter than mine. Does not look to have an accessory transmission. Very short drive shaft!
I like the use of 26/27 cowl & gas tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

I didn't know there were different versions. Learn something new every day. Ever since I first learned about Pullford kits, I've wanted one. They were built in Quincy IL, just about an hour away from my hometown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 12:19 am:

John,
My short Pullford is 10 feet with oversize 36 inch wheels and auxiliary transmission. The Pullford in Your photo would have 32 inch wheels not counting the lugs. I would estimate the one in your photo to be less than 9 feet long.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration