Is this for real or homemade? Firetruck in Detroit area.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Is this for real or homemade? Firetruck in Detroit area.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 09:40 am:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/atq/5511932379.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 10:28 am:

IMHO it's both, real and homemade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 10:38 am:

It doesn't have the looks of traditional firetrucks of that period. The condition of the wood looks to be newer than 90+ years old. However, It could have been made up at any time over the years by anyone. It could have been homemade back in the 20's and well cared for.
I can only guess.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 10:44 am:

Well,it could have been bought as a chassis by a small town,and built by some local folks for the community to use. Our fire department started that way. Mechanics and other folks built the first 2 tankers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 11:32 am:

I had a uncle who owned a gas station in Perry for many years.At the price i doubt if you could go wrong.Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman Bolz on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

Shop built locally. Pretty nice truck for the
money. Has an accessory drive. Has been for
sale for a while. Very well built. Jerry Van and
myself saw it last August. Construction appeared
very solid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

Bud is right. The price is right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Leach on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 03:22 am:

Looks like Las Vegas's first engine powered apparatus. They had a local wagon builder make the body & hose bed.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration