Searching for Mercury Speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Searching for Mercury Speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 10:27 am:

I sold my Mercury Body speedster approx 10 years ago in Indiana. It was yellow with white tires. Rajo with red interior. Car was featured on cover of Model T times May June 1996. If anyone know the location of this car please email.Car has disappeared. I heard the guy that bought it had died? Thanks for any help.Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

I just saw a car that matches that description on Facebook recently... Maybe a couple months ago. I will see if I can find it and pass any information on to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

This picture was posted on an Australian speedster group called "speedsters down under" on Feb 6th. No details given, but I have asked.

Being posted to that group does not necessarily mean that the car is located in Australia though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:51 pm:

Found where the pictures came from... Sold at auction in Feb 2014

https://www.leakecar.com/vehicle/17734/1921-Mercury-Speedster/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

Sam;
Is that the car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 03:53 am:

Richard,

Yes, that is the same 1921 Mercury body 224 that was featured he May - Jun 1996 "Model T Times" and was restored by Sam. The link to the auction at:
https://www.leakecar.com/vehicle/17734/1921-Mercury-Speedster/ that Derek posted has copies of the Model T Times article. It also has a lot of nice photos of the car.

Sam,

I would guess you have already checked with Jarvis Erickson and he does not have any leads for you. If you haven't checked with him, he would be a likely person to know where it was last seen. And since it is only a little over 2 years since the auction, I would recommend checking out the link Derek posted and asking the auction house for any information they may be able to release. They may not be able to give you the name and address for privacy reasons. But if that is the case, they may be able to forward a letter that you send to them to send to the person who won the auction. Good luck. I hope you find it and are able to purchase it again. That is one really nice car.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

Wow, that was my car, thanks to all of you for finding it. Richard I am sure you remember it. You might have remembered it when it was green with disc wheels, which I drove on one of the Hoosier Land Tours. Thanks again. Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

Hap, thanks for that web site. I appreciate you taking the time finding this. Last time I talked to Jarvis he was wanting me to get him some pictures. Thanks again. Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 01:00 pm:

Derek you and Hap made my day. Thanks to all. Wish we would have had a forum like this years ago. After ten years out of the Model T business, every thing was trial and error. Now you just ask and you get a world of great information. Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

It was an easy car to remember. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Drummond on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

Sam I purchased this car in Indiana a few years ago and sold it at the Leake Auction, wish I would have kept it. As a matter of fact I still have the green wheels in my showroom. I found this forum as I have been searching for the car to try and buy it back it was a very neat car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

While we have this subject open ,....
still trying to positively identify mine
this is a picture of the body, in the barn
has been in the family since the "early ?" 20's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

I think this one is the same manufacturer

there was one nearly identical for sale a year or so ago on kijjiji , that someone had rounded the year corners on (you could see the work )
but the seller did not respond to my email

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration