O T---1903 Holly auto

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: O T---1903 Holly auto
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 11:48 am:

Just had a friend stop-by---he has a complete engine from a 1903 Holly car. Its complete S/n 2007. Anybody know anything about these cars? Thanks, Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

Holley Bros. built their own car before becoming a builder/supplier for companies such as Ford.

Selling a new Cadillac according to this 1905 advertisement:

My interest stemmed from their association with Ford. These photos show the front and pack of a pic labeled "Holley, George," in a 1906 Model K. Holley Bros. supplied the brass steering column and Holley-Huff magneto used on all Model K. Holley also supplied some K and NRS carburetors:

Courtesy THF, all rights apply

George Holley owned this Ford Model N, reported stolen or moved by pranksters in 1906:

Later, Holley listed two 1907 Ford's for sale, a Model K and Model R:

Henry Ford and George Holley remained good friends throughout their lives.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

I wonder what kind of "seat covers" that model K had?
I have known the connections and actually seen a couple of Holley cars over the years. About fifteen years ago, there was one for sale, needing some restoration, but in fair condition. I was seriously considering it, but just could not afford it. No idea who ended up with it.
Thank you Rob for all the information!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Thanks Rob for that info---I will pass along to my friend--Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

There is a couple in the Horseless Carriage Club that owns a 1903 Holley. I don't know them personally, but have seen their car pictured in the Gazette.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 09:39 pm:

There is a restored 1903 Holley on display at the Holley carburetor factory in Tennessee. They also have a nice collection of their early carburetors in a small museum.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

I know a guy in Iowa that has two of them. Is the engine for sale? I'm guessing he would be interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

The Holley Foundation gives a good summary of Holley Brothers history and accomplishments, including their business relationship with Ford:

http://www.theholleyfoundation.org/history_2.html

The 1906-1925 tab leads off with the following:

The site doesn't happen to mention that the six cylinder car that wins the race is a Ford.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration