Laying pipe in Ranger Texas-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Laying pipe in Ranger Texas-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

But not by a Texas Ranger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 06:53 pm:

Bump! Yeah, I'm gonna post. :-/ :-)
Herb, I can't believe you didn't get any responses to this pic yet.
What a ("ridiculous" comes to my mind) strange/cool photo! It doesn't seem to be contrived in any way and the photographer happened to see and took opportunity.
Just another day in Ranger. Or was it?
What a great steam trencher! Such a small flywheel on that "bottle" engine....
Does it look as if the drive chain for the trenching wheel pinion is hanging? Perhaps so it doesn't turn when transporting the machine?
A fella/fellas laying boards for it to roll on....
And that poor T so ridiculously stuck in the mud and perhaps a passenger out and cranking....
There's even someone or two in the back seat waiting....
I'll bet that Ford was never the same after getting out of that. Bearings and bands......
Look at the twist betwixt the windshield and top! Zoiks.
My T scared the crap out of me the first times I took it out and everything flexed all over..... it was alive!
Fantastic photo!
On the other hand, your post was dirty on so many levels. ;-)

(Message edited by Duey_C on April 21, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 07:05 pm:

What a mess and a great picture showing how these cars were abused and used. We wonder why they need so much to keep them going but look what they went through to get here!!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 07:30 am:

I was gonna post, but thought better of it. That means something entirely different in South Georgia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 09:19 am:

I don't think they are laying pipe. I suspect the trencher was used to redirect rainfall/flood water. Or perhaps they loading or unloading it from something. There's a ramp to the left.

Here's another picture of Ranger taken during the flood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 09:57 am:

That has to be about the oldest and most cumbersome tile machine i have ever seen!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 11:34 am:

Can't help it! Can't get the ***** thing started!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration