New hubs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New hubs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 11:53 pm:

Does any one know who makes them for the benders? For wood and sure wheels. Any one have any commits on them. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

I think he means vendors? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 02:45 am:

Jerome, I received a letter recently from a machine shop that repairs hubs. I know nothing about them, and I am not endorsing them, just passing along info. The letter is:

Crawford Mfg. Co.
5251 No. M-33 Hwy.
Cheboygan, MI. 49721
231-818-6257
fac.llc@gmail.com

To Model T Owners, Clubs, Restorers, etc.

Subject: Refurbished original wheel/axle hubs

We are a small machine shop in Northern Michigan with over 50 years of experience in the machining of automotive and truck parts. Over the past 12 years we have developed methods and tools which enable us to restore most wheel hubs for many makes of cars to 100% usable condition. For Model T's this includes all years, wood spokes or wires, cast iron or steel. Fronts come with cup bearings installed, and rears have new tapered bore with a new keyway. Bolt-up surfaces are re-machined square to center-lines. Threads are restored for easy-on and off of hubcaps. Original castings, often with the "Ford" logo are used. Our restored hubs are currently in use throughout the U.S. and around the world. Upon receipt of your castings, inspection to determine usability is free. Pricing and delivery are confirmed in writing before any work is accomplished. We welcome your response.

Sincerely,

Frank A. Crawford, Gen. Mgr.

As I said, I have no connection to them, but it may be worth checking out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration