Emergency Tool Kit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Emergency Tool Kit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 09:02 am:

Could anyone suggest a selection of tools and parts one should always keep while driving short trips in a Model T?

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 09:44 am:

I originally carried a ton of tools and spare parts on any T when I first came into the hobby thinking I would be breaking down all the time but as I work on a particular Model T and make sure as much as possible it tightened down, adjusted and lubricated take less and less with me.
(1) Tools to change a flat tire.
(2) Extra oil and radiator fluid in running board cans.
(3)Assortment of screw drivers and pair of Pliers.
(4) Extra coil.
(5)Spare Main fuse
(6) Cell phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

Extra gas in a can too, it's easy to run out without any gas gauge or speedometer..
And a warning triangle to place a bit behind the car if you have to stop for some trouble along the road and there's bad visibility (curves or getting dark)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 07:29 am:

Baling wire and duct tape. I've used the wire for holding an exhaust system together and for poking through the fuel drain under the gas tank. Also a spare tube.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 11:16 am:

A jack to jack the car up and a good spare.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration