OT-Old Photo -Pull out the floorboards and have a look!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT-Old Photo -Pull out the floorboards and have a look!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 09:56 am:

I'm not sure of the make of auto is but the owner has pulled the floorboards out at the right location, at church!

I have pulled the plugs at church when I flooded my '14 one time years ago except I had an audience.

It's at:

http://www.shorpy.com/node/20867?size=_original#caption

Looks like a "torpedo" style runabout and it seems to have one of those early wood framed windshields. The date was indicated as ca. 1912.

We haven't had too many Ford photos on Shorpy lately but curious about what this one is.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 10:00 am:

REO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 10:20 am:

Folks have been dropping pocket change in their cars since the very beginning! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

Bill is correct. I believe it is a 1908 Gentleman's Roadster with a different type of rear seat and an accessory windshield. As I recall that was the only year that cowl was used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

Richard,

You are correct about the cowl. I have a barn fresh 1908 roadster without the windshield.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 11:36 am:

It seems i have my boards out every time i work on my model A s or T. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 11:58 am:

REO's are truly wonderful. I have dreamed of having one since my good friend Joe found a chassis and some sheet metal in 1967. He found a "Maxwell or something" hood that might work. He was delighted when we placed the hood on the chassis and found matching bullet holes in the adjacent fender. He was able to transform his into the beautiful red one in the picture. He let me make the front sheet for the hood and cover his top. I finally had to settle for a 2-cyl Buick but I am recovering from the disappointment. I'd love to see the barn fresh one.
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration