Getting near to competing my chemo treatments.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Getting near to competing my chemo treatments.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 10:57 am:

Life sometimes can be rough. My last chemo treatment is the first week in May. I hope to get some model T driving in soon after that last treatment. Those treatments knock my energy level. The bottom line is that my cars are collecting dust and not driven. My hopes are that I get back to normal and I will be able to join T tours again. Go T Go

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 10:59 am:

Hang in there Willie!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 11:15 am:

Hope you to feeling better soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 11:24 am:

You'll be back to T touring in no time Willie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 11:56 am:

I hear you Willy. My last chemo/radiation is this coming Monday. I didn't know you could be so tired.Hang in there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Wish you the best as well Mr. Daron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

I wish you both get well soon and get back into the swing of things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

Jack, I have the same problem about being tired. I go in and get a treatment and for about 5 or 6 days I am useless, very tired. About time I am almost fully recovered, here we go again with another treatment. I have completed 10 of the 12 scheduled treatments. (every 2 weeks) Wednesday is number 11 treatment. whoopee, almost all done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

Willie, I've been there and done that. It will take about 5 weeks once chemo is done to really start to feel like your old self. However, you have be prepared to make adjustments as some side-effects of chemo may be permanent. One of the most common is "hitting the wall". You will feel fine and have plenty of energy to go for hours, then all of sudden you quickly run out of steam and need some down time. But you'll learn how to deal with it. Life will still be good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

Willie, as you see you are not alone. I have nearly forgotten my bout with cancer 25 years ago. It was a year to put everything else aside. With all the advances they have made and the good people to help you a good many more years could be yours.
I believe having Model T's to play with keeps us healthy and happy.
Hoping for the best.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 03:18 pm:

Willie
Wishing you well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlesHebert on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 03:30 pm:

Wishing you better days ahead my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

Jack D and Willie C! Wishing you both the best of luck and good results from the treatments. Many people these days do get major improvement from chemo treatments.
You both take care and get better soon! Similar wish for any other model T friends also.
Wayne and Linda Sheldon

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration