26'-27' Coupe Windshield frame

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 26'-27' Coupe Windshield frame
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Petersen on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 05:15 pm:

Guys, I am curious if there is a difference in the front windshield dimensions between a '26 and '27 Coupe. I have a '26 Coupe and the front windshield frame was too rusted through for my talents to fix, so I sold it on Ebay to a guy who is restoring a '27 Coupe. He is claiming that the windshield frame is too small. An inch too short in width and in height. Can someone explain what the issue might be? I thought that the windshield frames were the same for 26 and 27 and they could fit the 28 Model A truck. Help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

They are the same. Don't take it back. The windshield is probably too rusted for his talents too, so he came up with an excuse to return it to you. Buyer's remourse. Jim Patrick

PS. If you don't take it back he will probably leave you negative feedback even though you divulged that it was rusted. Some ebay buyers are not only liars, they are jerks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

Yes they are the same frames. I have had 2 coupes 26_27. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Petersen on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Does anyone know what the dimensions should be? Specifically the interior opening dimensions of the window. Height from below the header to bottom corner and width of opening at the top? I am wondering if someone altered either my car or his. This is my first Coupe restore. So, any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 09:12 pm:

All 26-7 windshield frames have nearly the same dimensions, although they are not all the same. The early kind have a "piano" type hinge. The later kind have what I call a "yin and yang" hinge, like a Model A. With this kind, the hinge will slide apart. The piano kind will not.

The windshield wiper is in a different spot on the two types also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 02:01 am:

Charles, I would not worry about the size. They are all close enough that they are all interchangeable. If it fit your '26 coupe, it will fit his '27 coupe...that is, if he has a T and has not made an error in determining the make of car he has. A lot of cars from that era looked a lot alike. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 08:50 am:

If someone needs one of these windshield frames I have a good one that I don't need!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration