Spectators and Funny Hats, Spring 2016

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Spectators and Funny Hats, Spring 2016
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 09:31 am:

Did a car show for the Hope for the Warriors charity on Saturday and took quite a few snapshots of good sports who posed in the Tin Lizzie with the funny hats, stick-on mustaches, etc., and boy-oh-boy, I'm just tickled pink to be opening this season's chapter!

I'll post more of these pix as soon as I finish retouching each batch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 01:18 am:

A few more snapshots from the above car-show.
Contributions for the photos go directly to the Hope For The Warriors charity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

I love it! You may still often refer to yourself as a "newbie", but I think that you have gone well beyond that to being one of the great ones in the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

Awwwwwwwwwww.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

Some friends who posed with "Penelope."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, April 25, 2016 - 11:49 pm:

Some of the volunteers who worked the car-show for the Hope for the Warriors charity

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 02:01 am:

Bob,
It's a shame you had so much trouble with developing some of those photos, maybe your chemicals are going bad??
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 11:50 am:

Believe it or not, the sepia-tones and antique photos are a piece of cake to do; it's the color photos that need the most work in Photoshop. _

It doesn't help that I'm a lousy photographer working with a cell-phone camera—especially when I get stuck in a bad parking slot with the sun is in the wrong place. _

I make sure the generous folks who pledge charitable contributions to the Hope for the Warriors Foundation or the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital are getting their money's worth! _

Oh. :-)_By the way...

https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/donation.do?cID=14262&pID=24671

http://www.hopeforthewarriors.org/category/240163/donate-now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 09:18 pm:

Another good sport posing with the Model T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 11:24 am:

Notice you changed license plates from "1915T"
Always enjoy your pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 11:32 am:

Nah. _It's just a new policy of giving the spectators their own personal vanity plate in the head-on shot. _This fellow is a judge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 11:34 am:

Oh, and thanks for tuning in, Gary. _It's gratifying to know someone's watching. _:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 11:56 am:

Another great personal touch for the people in the pictures :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

....might just be more "watching" than you'll ever know Bob,....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Martin on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 06:12 pm:

Harold, You are sure correct.
Loved the post Bob. Take care.
Neil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 06:57 pm:

I also look at Bob's post every time it comes to the top to see if any new pictures were added.

Bob, I do enjoy this post but I don't always acknowledge it. Keep the pictures coming and thanks for promoting the hobby and supporting the Warriors charity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, May 05, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

And here's yet another family of good sports posing with "Penelope."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

Newsday, Long Island's newspaper, held their annual "Field of Wheels" car-show this past Saturday and here's one of the families who donned the hats and mustaches, posed with "Penelope," got some nifty photos e-mailed to them and pledged a donation to the "Kids Campaign," a local children's charity.

In the next row of show cars was parked a hot-rodder with an electric klaxon and between him and the kids pictured above, there ensued a protracted ahoogah war of epic proportions. _Oh, it was glorious!

Charity info:
https://www.newsdayevents.com/field-of-wheels/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 11:23 pm:

These nice folks posed for us at the Thursday evening cruise-in at Kings Park.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 12:01 am:

Great stuff Bob! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, May 29, 2016 - 02:18 am:

Love it!
(Like the straw hat too!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 11:46 am:

This past Wednesday, the local chapter of the Horseless Carriage Club of America did a lunch run to Oheka Castle (featured on the TV show, "Royal Pains"). _On our way out, we met these two ladies who volunteered to grace our funny hats thread.

http://www.oheka.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

I am concerned about your promotion of phone use while in the car. What next,
an old typewriter so they can text ?* ;-)

* for those with humor impairment, tongue firmly in cheek.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

Bob these are great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 04:18 pm:

Mr. Burger,
Isn't it amazing how some people take the silliest things so seriously?
(It's always the passenger with the candlestick-phone, never the model in the driver's seat.)

Thanks for the kind words, Dennis

Oh, by the way, if any of my pals on the forum would like a photo antiqued, I'd be very happy to do it and e-mail it right back to you. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

"Mr. Burger" was my Dad. I'm just "Burger". :-)

You better check those pix again. At lease one has the phone holder sitting behind the wheel !

I am trying to get my head around the physical challenges of texting while operating my TT in
traffic. Might as well practice my chainsaw juggling act while driving it !

Pick yourself up an old Remington Standard No.5 for your subject to "text" with. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

Oh geeze, you're right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 12:06 am:

Bob, it's too bad there wasn't a steam car at that show--it would have won the "ahoga contest" hands down! :-)
And talk about how serious some folks are; I started a fund raiser to put a Theatre Pipe Organ back in the local historic theatre. I made up shirts with a picture of the Organ Console on the front with the words, "I'm an Organ Donor!" on it. I actually had some gal from an organ donor organization in Sacramento call me to tell me I was being disrespectful to Human Organ Donors!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 02:24 am:

Taking PC to the next level !!! Now we have to concern ourselves about offending
those who think they hold the sole meaning for the word "organ" ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 05:22 pm:

We ran into these two good sports at the Thursday night cruise-in at Kings Park.
I always ask our models to look directly into the lens and not smile when I snap the antique shot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

And we met this nice couple at the same Thursday evening cruise-in at Kings Park.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

I just love it when we can get three generations of the same family in costume and posed in the same picture.

Sometimes the light is perfect because the sun just happens to be in the right place, and the whole family knows how to pose adorably, and all the other little things—weather, shadows, etc.—by lucky accident, just happen to come together to make for some really wonderful pictures. _This was a great shoot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

And here's another great couple from the Thursday evening cruise-in at Kings Park. _
Let's give 'em a great big hand for pledging a donation to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

We ran into this nice couple at La Casa Restaurant, at Crab Meadow Beach, here on Long Island.
They pledged a nice donation to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 01:00 pm:

Bob,

Do you change your license plate every day???

BTW, the young lady in your very first photo is just absolutely beautiful. Can't stop looking... but I better if I know what's good for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Bob, if you want more brass to polish I know where you can find it! How do you keep it up like that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

Jerry,
Had I known, when I was single, about the irresistible attraction of a Model T Ford, my being funny-looking wouldn't have mattered at all!

Val,
I don't do anything special with the brass... just Prism Polish once or twice a year and a few touch-ups in between...
... and oh yes, a heavy dose of Photoshop before posting the pictures to the forum. -:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration