Black Sunday

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Black Sunday
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 05:26 pm:

Well Sunday was not a good day for me but neither was Monday so hopefully Tuesday will go better.

I was scheduled to work my usual half day on Sunday but got held up repairing several pieces of equipment and didn't get off until after 5:00 pm so I called a friend and ask him if he wanted to go to dinner and we could take the '22 Coupe. He said yes and that he would meet me at my place around 6:15. I prepped the Coupe checking the oil, gas, and other necessities and off we went. Well we got about 6 miles from home when the engine quit...just kinda slowed down and bound up. I called another friend who happened to live just about a mile away from where we broke down and she came and got us and took me home so I could get a tow strap and drag it to her place. I hope to get my trailer and get over there tomorrow after work and bring it home so I can look at it. Well today wasn't much better equipment wise because while I was back filling a well pit the packing blew out of the top main cylinder on the backhoe. Then I came in to handle some business account transfers and got locked out of my accounts because I screwed up the passwords,, I called and they ask me the passwords..I said if I knew the correct passwords I wouldn't be calling I would have logged on! Well they wouldn't let me in my accounts and e-mailed me a form I have to take to a notary and have it filled out and then mail it back to them so I can access my accounts! It doesn't end there...I tried to pay my cell phone bill like I do every month via the phone and I had trouble getting through to the correct department after listening to three different automated voices and punching in 16 different numbers. Stuff the took 10 minutes to write a check and stick it in an envelope now can be done on the computer in mere hours! :-) I scared to open a beer for fear I cut myself on the glass but the way the last two days have gone I more then willing to chance it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

Seth,

Some days are harder than others. Based on what you shared, there is a good chance tomorrow will be better.

When I read your story it reminds me a lot of when I get behind on my sleep. I just can't function as well as when I'm rested and "in the groove" so to speak. Sometimes the most spiritual thing I can do is to take a nap/get some sleep.

Hang in there, and I'm sure things will settle down for you soon.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 06:05 pm:

2x exlax,call if more needed.(G) Hang in there,it could get a lot worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

Look on the bright side. You got to drive the coupe a few miles. {;0)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

This thread reminds me of the ad in the Lost and Found:

LOST DOG
Tan, one eye,1/2 tail, one ball, left front leg missing dog lost. Answers to "Lucky".

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration